Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
10th of Teves
Previous  1  2

curlyhead

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 1:34 am
most fast I try to fast even while pregnant and nursing at least till chatzos but I did not fast being that the fast did not end till 9:15pm here and my baby is only7 weeksold. I try to eat minimum

gryp

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 9:14 am
I had to eat on Tisha B'av, because I had just given birth. I was really horrified that I wasnt supposed to fast, and despite everyones warnings I tried to fast anyway. I ended up breaking it at 2:00 PM, with everyone saying, "I told you so..." Smile

miriam

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 9:17 am
That's not very nice or supportive. At least you tried.

gryp

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 9:19 am
yeah, but I think I was dumb for trying...
I was so weak I almost fainted... Rolling Eyes
oh well, Hashem knows I did not want to eat... Very Happy

zuncompany

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 12:16 pm
Tisha B'av was funny in this house! My c/s had to be tisha b'av afternoon! I was not allowed to eat after midnight. The rav told me to have a snack (also had to make sure the gestational diabetes was in control) before midnight and to chug water until midnight non-stop. It was so weird. I couldn't eat after midnight anyway, so that was kind of funny (I had been told before we knew that I should eat normally cause of the gestational diabetes) in the end that I was fasting. By the time I was out of the c/s and I was allowed to drink the fast was actually over for like 4 or so hours. However the baby was making me nuts cause he wouldn't nurse. Literally 5 mins after the fast was over he latched on and nursed away. Didn't have a single nursing problem after that.

Sara

sarahd

Post Sat, Dec 25 2004, 3:58 pm
RG - I'm surprised that you were allowed to fast just after giving birth. AFAIK any Rov would have told you that you must eat. Please don't take this personally, but fasting when you're not allowed to is as assur as eating when you're not allowed to.

My aunt once commented that in Judaism we don't act on our emotions; we do what we're required to do. I.e., of course it feels bad eating on Tisha B'Av, but that's not a reason to fast when you're not allowed to.

My baby was three weeks old on Tisha B'Av, and I was told I may not fast.

gryp

Post Sat, Dec 25 2004, 6:18 pm
sarahd- I just couldnt handle the fact that I was really going to eat on Tisha B'av... I felt fine by then from giving birth, and I really could not comprehend what it meant to eat on Tisha B'av. so what can I say? I learned the hard way Very Happy

Motek

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 1:59 pm
bring Moshiach now so we don't need to fast next Tuesday and can celebrate instead!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 4:15 pm
The fast is less than 12 hrs away(?), where I am. Amen Motek!

So what are you ppl making for supper tonight and after the fast, any suggestions?

I just finished making "French onion soup", I got the recipe from kosher by design FOR KIDS!! It tastes delicious, can't wait for dh to come home and taste it too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note