Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tweezing eyebrows

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 10:06 pm
I've never really done it before. I have naturally decent looking ones and never wanted to start cuz once you start you cant stop and it just grows back thicker and bushier. But recently I decided it could use a drop of trimming. I tried tweezing but it hurts! Any tips to minimize the pain? Also does it pay, or will it really grow back worse?

Fabulous

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 10:09 pm
hold the skin taut and pull the tweezer quickly in the other direction.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:13 pm
do it after a shower cause the pores will open up ...

and usually with eyebrows it is the opposite ... ever see old ladies who have to use eyebrow pencils ... they tweezed and tweezed and tweezed ... so they say What

lubaussie

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:46 pm
greenfire wrote:
do it after a shower cause the pores will open up ...

Yes Yes, I was going to say that - after a shower your pores are opened and it's less painful. Also, when tweezing, ALWAY tweeze in the direction of the hair growth. Do it as quickly as possible, that minimises the pain.

hannah95

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 1:59 am
You can try an ice cube before, it desensitizes the area, so less pain.
Try to define the areas you want to pluck using a crayon before, you don't want to pluck on top of the brow, but only at the bottom, to keep your natural shape. Don't pluck to much out for a first time Smile

H.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 10:45 am
No, it doesn't grow back worse and yeah, to doing it after a hot shower. (Be careful not to overpluck. Many women do that without realizing. Just clean up around the natural shape of your eyebrows.)

mamacita

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 10:55 am
Over time it hurts less. Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:07 am
yes one at a time to make sure you don't pluck too much ... do not use a 7x mirror - you'll wanna pluck everything and I mean everything ... upkeep having to pluck one or 5 each day or so is better than waiting a month (like me) and than it's ouchy

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:09 am
Also make sure you have a great Tweezer. If you have one that's not top quality, you'll be yanking at the same spot over and over till your bleeding.

I vote for Tweezerman. Nothing like them!

chavy

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:11 am
I would say DON'T tweeze. it grows back quicker and more hair comes out. If anything do electrolysis.

ss321

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:50 am
more hair growing back or the hair growing back thicker is an urban legend.

try after a hot steamy shower, or try applying an ice cube right before

do it really fast dont hesitate

do it in the direction of the hair growth not the opposite

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:57 am
Thanks everyone.

I tried after the shower, it still hurt but I guess it could have been worse. Maybe I'll try ice next time.

I dont want to do it professionally, and no I wont overpluck! Just want to get rid of some stray hairs. I cant stand those that are so overdone they look SO unnatural. I just want it neat and natural.

ss321

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I tried after the shower, it still hurt but I guess it could have been worse. Maybe I'll try ice next time.

I dont want to do it professionally, and no I wont overpluck! Just want to get rid of some stray hairs. I cant stand those that are so overdone they look SO unnatural. I just want it neat and natural.

then your best bet is not to go to some oriental salon where chances are htey WILL overdo it and it wont look natural!!

Next time, take an advil about an hour before which might help reduce inflammation. try the ice, and put some vaseline or unscented oil on right afterwords to help soothe the pain.

shenki

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 8:36 am
mamacita wrote:
Over time it hurts less. Smile

definitely true, after 10 years of tweezing I don't feel it anymore.
But the first few times Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics