Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Rinsing your mouth on Fast Days

amother

Post Tue, Jan 10 2006, 7:13 am
Can anyone solve this debate for me and my neighbor? Are you allowed to rinse your mouth out in the am on a fast day ( with a source please) or not, we have opposite opinions with no source to verify either.

red sea

Post Tue, Jan 10 2006, 8:12 am
I am under the impression of not - but I really don't recall anyone ever teaching this - sorry no source

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jan 10 2006, 1:19 pm
I think I learned that it's better not. But if a person finds it very disgusting not to, they can. (not sure if this applies to tisha b'av and yom kippur though)

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 8:17 am
I remember learning that on a taanis tzibbur we don't rinse the mouth. On a taanis yachid (private) one may.

Quote:
In Hayom Yom pag 81 for 22 Menachem Av:

My father* said: One should not recite the morning Berachos before rinsing the mouth in the morning, except on fast days.
* the Rebbe RaSHaB

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note