Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Kallah picked the chatan's shomer
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 5:43 am
no, we are not going to say anything, that was not ever our intention. my husband just feels a bit weirded out and a little bit hurt. I mean, he (the chatan) picks someone and its not good enough?
thats all. I was justwondering what you all thought, thats all, if it was something normal or if it DOES sound a bit strange, that was all.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 5:53 am
I totally understand your husband. But it's not his friend that caused the affront. So, what can he do/think about the kallah doing it? Did you mention that she didn't want him because he didn't do army? Obviously she has issues then. Just leeeeeeeet it go and try to think of a zillion reasons to be dan her lechaf zechus. She doesn't need anyone resenting her on her wedding day. Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 6:10 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I totally understand your husband. But it's not his friend that caused the affront. So, what can he do/think about the kallah doing it? Did you mention that she didn't want him because he didn't do army? Obviously she has issues then. Just leeeeeeeet it go and try to think of a zillion reasons to be dan her lechaf zechus. She doesn't need anyone resenting her on her wedding day. Smile
we were told, by the chatan, that she is not crazy about my husband b/c she thinks he is charedi b/c he did not do the army. (my huband was also giving him chatan lessons and she told him to change b/c my husband is charedi (he is not) and so she also did not want him as a shomer.

no, dont worry, nobody is going to resent her at all, she is a very nice girl. it was just something that was weird to me, thats all.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 8:42 am
Sorry to interrupt, but what do the shomrim do?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 8:50 am
On the day of the wedding the Chosson and Kallah are like a prince and princess and are not supposed to be alone. So, whither they goest so goes their shomer/shomeret. It's really nice, actually, having a good friend to hang with.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 8:51 am
Ah. That's nice.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 8:54 am
Yeah. My shomeret went with me to the kotel. It was really nice to have her because there was a big demonstration that day in Jerusalem and not a taxi to be had. We finally got in one together with some other people and the driver refused to give me a receipt. I said to please let me out of the cab and he grabbed me and tried to stop me. Then he cursed me and my mother and my wedding etc. etc. Phew! We made it out of the cab but, boy, was it nice to have good ol' Vera with me!!

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 8:20 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
On the day of the wedding the Chosson and Kallah are like a prince and princess and are not supposed to be alone. So, whither they goest so goes their shomer/shomeret. It's really nice, actually, having a good friend to hang with.

It's the Chabad custom have a shomer/shomeret with the chosson and kallah the entire week before the wedding.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette