Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to deal with a newborn and other kids?
Previous  1  2

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 12:29 am
Quote:
I will look into getting the laundry done and picked up I might do it once a month. I have to figure out how much it costs. I was going to look into a cleaning lady but the laundry could be more worth it.
Why not combine the two? You really need the laundry to be under control for your home to be able to function. I had a cleaning lady who was fantastic with the laundry.

For a long time I wondered why I was giving her something that I could do myself without a problem, but the last year in which I didn't have cleaning help proved that I'm not on top of the laundry on my own, and don't always get to the putting away part; it's a tremendous help to have all the clothes for an entire week washed, folded and put away. Everyone has all the clothes they need, and can find them too!

My cleaning lady knew laundry dos and don'ts, so she rarely ruined clothing. and she did other things too, mopping, washing, she did it all. It was so worth it, I think it's cheaper than giving your clothes out.

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:09 am
the problem is that I have to use the laundromat. we don't have the space for a machine. but I was thinking that if I got a cleaning lady maybe I could leave the kids while I go across the street to do laundry?

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 12:32 pm
Zigi that is brilliant. You get the cleaning lady to clean while you go out to do the laundry the way you like it. hint: you can simply wash and dry and bring it home for her to fold!

Also, you can take a different kid along with you each time to give them a special outing.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:41 pm
My baby is 2 weeks old and I have an 18 month old. This morning for the first time, I woke up and put on the wrap I just bought, slipped the baby inside. He didn't cry the whole morning and was even able to nurse in it while I:
Gave my toddler breakfast, got him dressed, cleaned up, and packed a suitcase, bundled up my toddler, went to visit bubby and zaidy briefly...
I just got back now and moved my sleeping baby into the swing....It's been great so far!!
Get one!!

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:44 pm
out of all my kids so far--not one of them has liked ANY sling I tried. quite frustrating. but eventually we work it out that they understand I gotta put 'em down for a little while sometimes...

zigi hope it's going better!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics