Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Ideas please- Baby girl Kiddush

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 10:46 pm
My siste in law had a baby girl. I want to make something for the kiddush. It could involve a patchke, I enjoy these things, but I want to make something cute or impressive.

TIA

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 10:47 pm
a fruit salad in a melon baby stroller.

fountain

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:07 pm
This is what I made for my sister in laws kiddush. It took me hours, but it was so much fun to do. It was the first time I touched fondant, so it was pretty easy. The E and H are the baby's name initials.
[img][/img]

Yakira

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:52 pm
I've seen adorable strollers made out of teeny bits for wheels and half cookies for strollers. Very cute.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:53 pm
I'd do fancy cupcakes.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:13 am
fountain wrote:
This is what I made for my sister in laws kiddush. It took me hours, but it was so much fun to do. It was the first time I touched fondant, so it was pretty easy. The E and H are the baby's name initials.
[img][/img]

These are amazing! I'm sure they took you forever!

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:55 am
fountain wrote:
[img][/img]

These are adorable! I would like to do something like this maybe but the baby will only have a name at the kiddush shabbos so I can't mke her initials. Anyone have any similar ideas or any ideas in this line of things?

Thanks

TightRopeWalker

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 1:11 am
I've seen those done in the shape of baby bottles, diaper pins, pacifiers etc....

fountain

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 3:19 pm
Quote:
These are amazing! I'm sure they took you forever!

I was up anyway, on pins and needles, waiting for news from Mumbai. India TV kept on reporting that they are storming the building, I figured it will take an hour or two tops for a commando job. I stayed up all night and made these cookies. Everyone at the kiddush loved them, but I saw Chabad House when I looked at them Sad. HY"D.

You can make them in bibs, bottles, carriages etc. These were not hard, just very time consuming. But it made the kiddush a hit, if I say so myself....

Last edited by fountain on Tue, Dec 16 2008, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Isramom8

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 3:33 pm
Someone made me cupcakes with pink icing; they were such a hit that people talked about it for years. Very Happy

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 6:23 pm
I think I will try baby shaped cookies with icing not fondant. Anyone have a good recipe for cookie cutter cookies?

Fountain, what recipe did you make your cookies?

fountain

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 1:55 am
I never used icing, but to me it sounds like fondant is so much easier. You just roll it out and cut the same shape as the cookie. Icing sounds so hard, like how will it be even and not run??

recipe:
1 stick margarine
1/2 c. sugar plus 1 TB sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. clear vanilla, I use bakers choice, such a difference in quality
1 1/2 cups flour
1 TB vanilla soy milk or real milk if you don't mind milchig

cream sugar into margarine, and add the rest of ingredients. flour last, dough will be crumbly, just knead with your hands and your good to go. I rolled the dough between two baking papers to keep it even and neat. Good luck and post your results!

Rosemarie

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 11:56 pm
Ok, I asked this question a few weeks ago but did not get a chance to post what I made till now. So here goes a picture of what I ended up making:

These are just a sample, one of each, I really made a lot more.
I used icing to cover the cookies and piped on another layer for decoration
Thanks for all the ideas

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jan 04 2009, 12:07 am
Beautiful! Those must have been greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins