Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Century 21 Dept. Stores

Lefty

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 1:21 am
Does anyone know if century 21 in Manhattan sells evening wear? dresses, 2peices etc??
I'm talking about real party dresses

Where else can I find evening gowns (Not puffy ones, flat, long, elegant dresses)
for a reasonable price upto 400 bux!
Could be in BP/Manhattan/flat/willi
basically 5 boroughs
orrrr if anyone has to sell a really nice one size 2-4

frumluv

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 6:15 am
I've occassionally seen evening gowns there. I've also seen them at Loehman's. They weren't so tznua though. You might want to check them out though.

ss321

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 6:22 am
They have a section upstairs (talking about the brooklyn century. In Manhattan, I think its on the third floor but I havent been there in quite a while) where they have a bit of eveningwear, but to find something tzniyusdik, a gown that is, might be tough. Some of them can be worn as jumpers, and they have some great suits. Definitly under 400. But a real gown all glitzy with sequins and e/t, well most are probably strapless, and very low cut, not the type of look that can be worn with a black shell. Depending on what you are looking for (how elegant), you might have luck at the big dept stores, 'tis the season...for cheap prices, right after the holidays lol. Bloomingdales, Saks, maybe barneys (but Ive never bought a thing there, everything seems too oddball eclectic, but whatever), Lord and taylor perhaps? it might take some perusing thru the sale racks, but worth a try.

Lefty

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 9:23 am
where can I find yiddishe stores that may have sample size sales for sister of bride dress/gowns??
in the brooklyn region

wanderer

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 10:21 am
Try Loehmanns in Manhattan on 7th Ave and 17th Street. Their top floor, backroom, is full of evening and designer wear. I know several people who've bought elegant long gowns from there.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 10:36 am
They do, but not a lot.

Syms, right near Century 21, has a small amount of such dresses too.

Barbara

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 10:37 am
Lefty wrote:
where can I find yiddishe stores that may have sample size sales for sister of bride dress/gowns??
in the brooklyn region

I don't know from Yiddeshe OR Brooklyn, but all of the department stores will be having sales now. Coldwater Creek (online, but I did once get a sister-of-bride type dress there) has 70% off today. Try Century 21, Loehmans, Syms and Daffys. Also try David's Bridal. I often see dresses with jackets in their window.

babygirl

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 10:42 am
My friend just bought a gown/dress for 300 from bridal direct on coney island. in their basement they have all stuff on sale...you should prob try there as it will already be tznius.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 12:09 pm
I've bought at Lord and Taylor (don't know if there is one near you)

momaleh

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 2:21 am
I've done well at the Off FIfth on the Fortunoff mall in Westbury.

bonnie

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:49 am
Marshalls- sometimes, the dresses are so cheap, you can get two and make a wrap out of one or use the material to build up the other one into something zniut.

Same goes for the 69 dollar store- on 59th ( the street of the Brooklyn Public Library- across the street from where pergament used to be) off macdonald ave. there's a room in the back called "party dresses" I've done quite well there- yuo defenitely have to look through some dresses. You can also put a long sleeve tee under any dress you buy. I see, what they're doing now- but a shell and dye it the same color as the dress you're wearing.

Lord and Taylors is good

brooklyn

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 11:55 am
Macy's, Lestan's
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics