Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Breast pump
Previous  1  2

youngmom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:39 pm
back to the medela deluxe/mini electric - does anyone know what the little white piece with the "bumps" is for? is there a purpose for it or can I just take it out and pump without it?

elisecohen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 7:36 am
I tried a hospital grade electric and the Avent Isis, and was equally happy with both. The only advantage with the electric was that I could have a hand free part of the time, but I always need to sort of compress my breast to pump even with the electric so it wasn't much of a difference.

roza

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 7:38 am
youngmom wrote:
back to the medela deluxe/mini electric - does anyone know what the little white piece with the "bumps" is for? is there a purpose for it or can I just take it out and pump without it?

I think you need it, it's a part of 'sucking' mechanism.

youngmom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 9:00 pm
oh!
thanx roza. never would've thought so.

IndyMom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:20 pm
I just read through all these posts and I will tell you that they all say what I am about to say:

stear clear of pumps made my companys that are in the baby market for everything (gerber, evenflo, etc) becuase they are just adding pumps to their "line" of products.

Buy a pump from a company that does breast pumps. I think that the Avent is the best manual pump on the market. If you are going electric go with Medela or Ameda. Every breast is different, and every person's needs are different. Good luck.

chavamom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 11:41 pm
roza wrote:
youngmom wrote:

I think you need it, it's a part of 'sucking' mechanism.

Yup, that is what it is and it needs to be replaced periodically or your suction gets bad (or non-exsistant). I recently saw you can get spare parts at Babys R Us.

youngmom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 11:11 am
I actually got some extras with the pump and I've never changed them yet. so far it's working well I think.

Baby R's Mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2006, 1:33 pm
I use the Avent ISIS. It's great! I fed my baby bottles with breast milk from the day she was born until yesterday (she just turned one). (Nursing didn't work for me and I wanted her to have breast milk.) I used it every three hrs. for a 6 oz. bottle. You do the math-It's a lot of bottles.....('Exclamation') It's so easy to carry around & wash. I've used it in, public bathrooms, dressing rooms, cars you name it......
Anyway...every one is different.....I say try this first because it's the cheapest, and worst comes to worst if it doesn't work you can try an electric one.

I saw in Babies R Us a new Avent pump that just came out. It's the same as the ISIS but it's a dual electric pump that works like cruise control. You start pumping manually and the pump picts up your rhythm and continues automatically. It's around $350.

Good Luck!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics