Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sippy cups

shoy18

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:07 am
I can seem to find a good sippy cup, they all either leak or/and hard to clean, we currently have a collection of playtex,nubby, and avent cups and they are all abd in their own way. Anyone have a sippy cup they are happy with. Just for info my dd is 13 monthes so drinking from a regular cup is not really an option at this point.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:21 am
I don't think they make my favorite cup anymore. It was a playtex, but I must've bought it way back in 03-04 and changed the valves. It was similar to a sipster, but not really. Those have lasted me two kids so far. I then bought baby einstein sippys/straw cups & I really like them. They are all bad and hard to clean though. Have you considered a metal one like the thermos foogo or the kleen kanteen or even the sigg water bottles. they are bpa free and I've heard tehy don't leak & are only 2 pieces. the natural downside of course is that they are a bit heavy

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:30 am
I like the first year. take and toss ones

lst

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:31 am
we like the nuby ones with the straw

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:49 am
I second the first year take and toss ones- they are so much easier to clean then any other ones.

cl

Post Sat, Jan 17 2009, 4:08 pm
I have the NUBY with spout and handles and the Anyway Up Cup - but they r both a PAIN to clean the spout. DS doesnt like the Avent - too hard to suck from.
I actually want to buy replacemnet lids/spouts for these cups instead of buying a whole new cup each time the lid gets too gross but havent found them anywhere.

bandcm

Post Sat, Jan 17 2009, 4:44 pm
My kids all drink from regular cups as soon as they are drinking - from about 7-8 months. I have to hold the cup for a few months, but they soon graduate to holding it themselves.

cl

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 1:29 pm
DS can drink fine from a regular cup but for some reason, known only to toddlers he thinks its funny to wave the cup around an slosh the drink out of the cup, or sometimes just pour it straight out onto the floor so sippy cups prevent that to some degree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics