Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you walk in heels all day?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:02 pm
I just came home from doing errands by foot and like always, the first thing I do, is take off my shoes (sneakers LOL ) and put on slippers. When I wear heels on shabbos, oy!! I know that I don't have the greatest feet, but how do people wear heels all day?

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 5:44 pm
everytime people ask me how I walk in heels all day, I always tell them..
the same way you walk in flats- one foot in front of the other.
I wear heels everyday, my feet look bad in flats and I like the feel heels give me.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 5:46 pm
la456 wrote:
everytime people ask me how I walk in heels all day, I always tell them..
the same way you walk in flats- one foot in front of the other.
I wear heels everyday, my feet look bad in flats and I like the feel heels give me.

not literally how, but don't your feet hurt at the end of the day?

Levtov

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:00 am
Since I wear New Balance sneakers, I became allergic to shoes. Just joking...

SingALong

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:13 am
im tall, I rarely wear heels, only for a simcha like vort or bar mitvah. not a wedding since hten I cant dace hurts 2 much

Aribenj

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:39 pm
I think it's like training a muscle. When I was a newlywed, all I wore were stilettos. Also, I was a first year teacher teaching 9th grade boys and thought maybe the clickety clackety of the heels would intimidate them.

But once I got pregnant I switched to low wedges and sandals and that's all I can wear now...

If I had to go back to work I'd wear heels again, and I'd be in pain for the first week or so, but then I'd be used to them I think...

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:44 pm
Aribenj, that makes sense. I guess I don't want to bother to strengthen my muscles. Wink

cassandra

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:48 pm
All the women my mother's age (50) who wore heels are all getting multiple surgeries now on their feet. Heels hurt for a reason.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:50 pm
Answer: I don't.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:54 pm
I don't wear heels anymore, but I used to. the secret is a pair of dr. scholl's ball of the foot gel inserts. they're around five dollars a pair, and you can switch them between shoes.

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 3:58 pm
I traumatized my toes dancing in high heels at my sister's chassuna in my single days. Couldn't feel my toes for months. the doctor said the feeling may never come back. While it did come back, when I am cold or straining my feet too much, those toes go numb.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 4:03 pm
I forgot to mention that I used to always dance in heels and had no problems. the problems my feet had were connected to other people's heels. it never fails. I go to a wedding and someone steps on my toes with thin, long heels...

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 4:05 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I forgot to mention that I used to always dance in heels and had no problems. the problems my feet had were connected to other people's heels. it never fails. I go to a wedding and someone steps on my toes with thin, long heels...

yowsers! Pale

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 4:34 pm
I haven't worn heels in over 20 years, and my tootsies are much happier that way. Why not wear them only on special occasions? High heels are really bad for your feet over the long run.
-------
Rubber Ducky
wearing SAS shoes on those webbed toes

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 5:32 pm
My secret for wearing high heels all day was being young and thin. It worked great -- as long as I was young and thin!

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 6:16 pm
For my fave heels I put dr sholls cushions in them!
shoe jelly petals are awesome ! I also have an isert that supports for 8 hours and allows me to wear high heels once a week If I feel like it.. even pregnant .

also , do not wear heels everyday as it ruins feet , wedges offer hight too but with a lo more support.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 6:20 pm
Hey I am not skinny by any forms of the imagination however I wear heel, not so high mind you, but a heel never the less. I think shoes make a women . If I was slim and shorter I would wear the sky rocketed heels, thats how much I feel about shoes.
Inserts help the feet, besides I can't walk in flats I loose my balance when I tried I need the heel and support that goes a long with it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 7:05 pm
doncha know - it's better to look beautiful than to feel beautiful ... so they say ...

all it takes is one broken foot - and you merely dream about them ... oh right I always dreamed about heels ... ouch - they hurt irl ...

skymile

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 7:19 pm
my mother's friends convinced me to get high heels before my wedding so that I should "look" like a kallah. I was stupid enough to listen. I was sooo blistered I could hardly walk. and when I needed the foot rub the most- my dh couldn't give it to me... lol
anyway, I have 6 pairs of high heel dress shoes that are sitting in my closet collecting dust. the only pair I still use is my chassuna mary jane high heel shoes. you know- those clunky ones. I love them and they don't hurt at all. I simply dyed them black and voila! a pair of great shabbos shoes...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics