Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ok. How bad am I?
Previous  1  2

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 12:32 pm
I, too, just saw that she sees them most of the year, because they live up here 9 months at a time. Why exactly is it so crucial for her to see them down there? She had a sick kid, she'll see them when they get back up here.

bandcm

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 12:38 pm
I dont think you did anything wrong - you do live near them usually, and visit them, no?
The only reason people might take offense is that you visited ONE set but not the other set of grandparents. Had you visited nobody, your mother would probably have been fine with it. But that's the way it worked out.
Dont worry about it.

Strudel

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 12:58 pm
Why couldn't the grandparents drive themselves to see you?

Mrs. Crocs

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 1:21 pm
First of all, my baby was sick during that one week, but not actually on the last day that we were planning on going to visit them.

Actually, no one cares that we went to visit the other grandparents. (At least we did them, otherwise, I would have NEVER heard the last of that. They're much more difficult pp.)

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 1:26 pm
Hey, you were on vacation! Your job on vacation is not to visit people you can see all the time back home. Your job is to have fun. Especially if your kid was sick earlier in the week. Why not enjoy yourselves?

My husband and I wouldn't feel guilty about this for two minutes. We never visit anyone when we're on vacation, unless we really, really want to. We like to do our own thing.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 23 2009, 3:54 pm
eva0219 wrote:
First of all, my baby was sick during that one week, but not actually on the last day that we were planning on going to visit them.

Actually, no one cares that we went to visit the other grandparents. (At least we did them, otherwise, I would have NEVER heard the last of that. They're much more difficult pp.)

on the contrary - you made time for one and not the other ...

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 9:00 pm
Greenfire: Do you mean that in a negative way or positive way? If you mean it in a negative way, those grandparents were actually a five minute walk away. And knowing that grandmother, I would have never heard the end of not visiting her...

Whatever.

Thanks Clarissa for your support....

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 9:13 pm
they'll be jealous and wonder why one was visited and not the other ...

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 12:27 am
Nah. They don't keep up w/each other and have no idea what goes on with the other set.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 11:40 am
When I was about a year and a half old, my parents took me to Arizona to visit my grandparents. I woke up my first morning there with fever and stayed sick for the entire week I was there. So I saw my grandparents because we stayed in their apartment but I didn't get to meet all my great aunts, uncles, and cousins who lived in the surrounding area. And these are people I never have the opportunity to see (as a matter of fact, I still haven't met most of them and many of them are dead now....) I'm sure people were disappointed but my parents did the right thing--what were they supposed to do? Take a baby with 102 fever all across the Arizona and the surrounding States to socialize??

Last edited by manhattanmom on Sun, Jan 25 2009, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

ROFL

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:04 pm
how will you feel if chas v'shalom your grandparents do not make it back up north?

Mrs. Crocs

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 11:38 am
Rachel, why would you say something like that? They are b"h healthy and I will IY"H see them once they get back.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette