Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Spray-on tanning booth

Lefty

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 10:39 pm
anyone familiar with spray on tanning booths???
Have you gone to one? Came out nice??
I'm going on vacation, want to look good in a bathing suit b4 I get to have a natural tanning!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 9:09 am
Lefty wrote:
anyone familiar with spray on tanning booths???
Have you gone to one? Came out nice??
I'm going on vacation, want to look good in a bathing suit b4 I get to have a natural tanning!

Ive done a few, there are different companies out there, some are good some come out horrible (like did you ever see the episode of friends with ross and the tanning booth??!?!)
Do the "lightest" level (level one), so it doesnt come out orange. Sometimes Ive done level "two," but with hesitation. I do it in the summer because I wear sunblock everywhere b/c I burn easily, but like to look tanned!

MiamiMommy

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 9:13 am
Make sure you exfoliate before having it done, as sometimes the tan will look darker on dry areas.

I second getting the lightest one!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:40 am
just get the sun Sunny and come back from vacation with a natural tan ...

hmmmm?

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:48 am
Everyone that I know who has used the tanning booths has had issues - either they came out orangey or when it started to wear off, it came off in patches and they looked dirty, etc.

You'd probably do better going somewhere that does hand airbrush tanning. You get a much more even application and more controlled color. I've also read much more positive reviews.

You could also just buy bottles of spray self-tan and have someone help you out in the hard to reach areas.

Definitely make sure that you are very well exfoliated all over, especially on knees, elbows and ankles. Moisturize well before spray tan and put a little extra moisturiser on the same three spots.

Also, only try to go for one or two shades darker than your skin - anything more looks really fake, unless it's from the sun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics