Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Nursing and working

Friendly

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 1:55 am
Hi everyone! In about 2 weeks I'll be joining the ranks of part-time working mums. My boy is 7 months old, nurses often as well as eats solids, and refuses the bottle. I'm hoping that while I'm gone he'll have a meal and then a drink from a cup to keep him happy. But for now should I stop nursing him during those hours that I plan to be gone, just so he could practice? Or would my absence be enough to distract him from wanting to nurse?
Because really, 4 hours should be okay for him to go without a nurse...

What do you think??

chavamom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 1:59 am
I don't think you need to 'practice' esp. at 7 mos old and drinks from a cup. For most babies that age (esp. if they can eat and drink from a cup!) 'out of sight is out of mind'.

Hatzlacha!

Friendly

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 4:42 am
Thanks for your reassurance, Chavamom. I'm just so nervous, I have to keep telling myself he'll be fine!

happymom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 9:54 am
friendly, I think it would be a good idea to try it out one day before you are working. leave him with whoever is going to watch him, don't come feed him and see what happens. The fact that you are nervous can very well mean that your fear is true...! Can you try it out? I dont think seven montsh they have the attitude "out of site is out of mind..." at least my baby didnt when she was 7 months. Thats still very young!

Friendly

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 6:20 pm
I'm haven't been so keen on trying it out (the not nursing) cuz I'm always around and I feel it wouldn't be fair to him. But Happymom your idea of LEAVING one day to try it out is a good one. Also because another worry I have is how my DH will cope with being a (part time) "stay at home dad". Confused I guess there's only one way to find out... Rolling Eyes

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:01 am
oh so the dad is gonna be the giunny pig.... never leave a baby who is hungry with a dad. he might never want to babysit again.... just joking...

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:20 am
Quote:
another worry I have is how my DH will cope with being a (part time) "stay at home dad".

I understand your fear, but im sure it will be ok! fathers are much better at things then we think they are Wink Im sure hell be great with your baby and learn fast what he can do to calm her down...

Rivka

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 11:58 am
Luxury

Friendly

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 5:15 am
Funnily enough my hubby tells me the baby is always much better behaved when I'm gone. It's when he sees me that he goes nuts, wants to be held, fed, taken out, etc. But I'm still worried cuz I'll be gone like 4-5 hours a day, and DH'll have to deal with the feeding, naptimes etc.
Yeah Rivkah, I know I'm lucky... (Having DH as a babysitter most of the time)

happymom

Post Fri, Jan 27 2006, 12:18 pm
yes your BABY is lucky! THere is nothing that makes a baby happier then being with mother or father Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics