Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Encouraging children to develop their talents
Previous  1  2  3

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 27 2006, 9:49 am
it might depend on the age and if it's a boy or girl..and what else is going on in their lives.

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 27 2006, 10:16 am
why dont you buy sefer hanigunnim?

imale

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 11:17 am
Piano is for sure my favorite but you can't shlep a piano to camp, or to a lag ba'omer bon fire. And no, I definitely don't want my son playing music for a living! I just think it's a great outlet for stress release, down moods or contrarily farbrengens and any other get together. So when you do music for fun, its a little different. You don't have to play by the rules and thats what scares me a bit. My son is young enough for me not to worry now, but I've seen too many bochurim sitting at a piano or pulling out guitars and playing secular tunes....... Rolling Eyes

bgk

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 11:27 am
my 6 year old son just started learning violin. And he loves it!!!!! and actually doing pretty well. He has a non jewish teacher, but because I learned violin for 15 years and I know where to look for problems, I"ll be just very carefull avout what he will play.
Of course everything depends on you, it's like kids using internet - you have to be careful and watch them using this

hisorerus

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 4:25 pm
You can get a roll-up piano keyboard that can be taken anywhere, and they're not even that expensive.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics