Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Recommendations for appliance stores

mommy24

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:48 am
Looking to buy a few new kitchen appliances- oven, dishwasher, etc. can anyone recommend a place that has good prices, and where you had a good experience - and ppl who will help me over the phone since its nearly impossible to get out. Thanks in advance.

yikes!

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:54 am
S&W Appliances in Williamsburg
They're very helpful and the service is pretty good. We're in the process of getting new appliances there now. Also, they offer 0% financing for a year if your credit checks out fine.
If you'd like their number, let me know.

goodheart

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:54 am
I like sears I buy everything from them I get the service contract
any problems I have its covered they come down as many times
I call them. but if u want to go to a jewish store u can try the buzz
btw if u but the appl. somewhere else u can still get the service contract from sears.

mommy24

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 11:05 am
I don't live near wiiliamsburgh will they halp me over hte phone? how were the prices there?

Did you get hte kenmore brands for sears? Did you compare prices to the Jewish stores?

goodheart

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 12:37 pm
yes I got the kenmore stuff they very good!

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 12:40 pm
I second the Sears. I bought most of my appliances with them, and love their extended service plans. I made the mistake of buying a cooktop somewhere else, and waited over 6 months for them to come service it. I always recommend Sears to everyone and always will.

mommy24

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:03 pm
I just came back from sears, their priced though are not as good as I got in other places, I wonder would it be better to get the appliances cheaper elsewhere and then get them as service contractor? or maybe just get hte extended warranties on the items I buy.

thanks everyone for your help, and please keep the recommendations coming in.

bubby

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:28 pm
Sterling Electronics, Kingston Ave. I have had excellent stuff, great service & great prices. Ask for Mendel Brikman (the owner.) 756 9840.

queen

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:07 pm
Town Appliances in Lkwd.
people have good experiences and prices are supposed to be excellent

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:09 pm
EAB on Nostrand avenue, Ask for Elliot.

ss321

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:22 pm
queen wrote:
Town Appliances in Lkwd.
people have good experiences and prices are supposed to be excellent

I second that. We went to the Buzz and Drimmers to look at some things (because I cared alot about asthetics and seeing the pic online didnt cut it for me, I needed to see it), but their prices were great and they delivered the next day. You also dont pay tax because its out of state, which is a bonus.
I told them the price range I was working with, and for each item (ovens, fridge, dishwashers, washer dryer), which things were important to me (I had a list for each item....ovens have to have shabbos mode but cant be dacor or maytag, fridge needs in door icemaker and wide shelves lots of drawers, dishwashers cant have that "thing" that comes up in the middle and twists around- dunno what its called, and should have multiple settings, washer cant have the "bar' that comes up in the middle because clothes get stuck on it, dryer has to have 'auto detect' to turn off when dry....see I am an annoying and picky customer), and I am 100% satisfied w all my purchases!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:27 pm
I like drimmer's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries