Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Pies

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:05 pm
I'm doing the mini pies 6 of them in each mm apple, blueberry, cherry, pecan, fudge, & lemon meringue. Any ideas of what to dress up my baby like?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:06 pm
a clown LOL

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:06 pm
Baker.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:07 pm
waitress

btw, can you send me some mm? sounds yummm!!!

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:08 pm
Thanks! I like the baker idea but do they have a baker costume for a 9 month old?

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:09 pm
Sure. Lemme know how to get it 2 u lol.

They're actually pretty easy to make.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:13 pm
You might be able to find a bakers hat and you can make the apron yourself-very easy. She can hold a mini rolling pin in her hand.

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:14 pm
K Thanks! I really like it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:28 pm
you're giving each person a set of 6 pies? if you stick with one, like lemon, you can use that as a theme. the color or the fruit.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:52 pm
Baker was my first thought. You can also dress the baby up as a piece of fruit I guess - apple or lemon or cherry. There is some kind of nursery rhyme about blackbirds baked in a pie - I don't really remember it or know if enough people would even know it for it to make sense to dress baby up as a blackbird?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 5:01 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Baker was my first thought. You can also dress the baby up as a piece of fruit I guess - apple or lemon or cherry. There is some kind of nursery rhyme about blackbirds baked in a pie - I don't really remember it or know if enough people would even know it for it to make sense to dress baby up as a blackbird?

The only pie nursery rhyme I know is Little Jack Horner. The one you're thinking of is a song, Sing a Song of Sixpence. Music

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 5:02 pm
Quote:
I don't really remember it or know if enough people would even know it for it to make sense to dress baby up as a blackbird?
if you wouldn't dress your child in a garment or a costume of a creature that isn't kosher, one should be aware that blackbirds aren't.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 5:04 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
Quote:
I don't really remember it or know if enough people would even know it for it to make sense to dress baby up as a blackbird?
if you wouldn't dress your child in a garment or a costume of a creature that isn't kosher, one should be aware that blackbirds aren't.

I am aware, and I would not dress my kids up this way. But it's clear from the other costume ideas I've read here that not everyone feels the same way so I threw out the idea. OP can take it or leave it.

skymile

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 11:17 am
hello?! when I read this thread title- I thought you need an idea for a mm! dress him/her up as... A CUTIE PIE!!! Stick his/her pic in ur mm! dress ur baby in a cute hat, rosy cheeks... the works!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics