Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dr. Sarno/R' Katz's self healing method
1  2  3  Next

behappysk

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 12:29 pm
I read Dr. Sarno's book "The Mind Body Prescription" and I went to R' katz's lecture on this method. I was wondering if anybody heard of this before or/and if it really works?

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 12:32 pm
My father had sciatica, he went to R' Katz's lecture. He said it was nissim , and totally helped.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 1:41 pm
A relative gave me Dr. Sarno's book years ago during a very difficult pregnancy. I agree that it's interesting, and certainly contains valid points, and I think it's worth a read. HOWEVER, sometimes it's just not going to work as much as you want to push it on someone. For example, as much as this relative told me it was "all in my head", it most definitely was not.

It can be very frustrating when someone has a legitimate medical issue, be it something natural like morning sickness or Ch'vs something more serious, and to have a well-meaning friend or relative try to push this on you and therefore not take you seriously.

willow

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 2:04 pm
Mrs.K I really really want to read this and hear his tape. Do you have any idea how I can get a hold of it? I would appreciate it very much

shiam

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 3:27 pm
sorry for the ignorance, but who is R'Katz?

behappysk

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 11:42 pm
R' katz is a chashuv magid shiur in BP and he and his wife got healed through Dr. Sarno's method of pain management. He gives lectures every 3 weeks in his home about this topic.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 11:44 pm
Is he the one who talks people out of Mono and Epstein Barr?

behappysk

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 11:49 pm
Mono, Epstien bar and lots of other stuff

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 2:57 am
Willow, I have no idea. Years ago this relative got it from someone who got it from someone else to lend it to me and I gave it right back when finished. I wonder if any book store here in Israel sells it?

Leahh

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 8:54 pm
You can buy it online.
My FIL went for back pain and was very happy with the results. He tells everyone to go.

anewday

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 9:43 pm
can u say in short what the method is???
im always interested in these typa things, thanks

behappysk

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 10:01 pm
It's a very deep concept but if you want to hear it in real short - here goes
Your subconcious mind is sick and tired of dealing with your mental stress an so it gives you physical pain to put your mind to. So basically you have to tell your subconcious that you'll think of your stress anyway so the physical pain goes away. It's hard to believe but if your delve into the concept all the way you'll understand the logic behind it

sharonlangert

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 9:57 am
This 100% works if you believe it will. My husband had terrible delibilating back pain and no Dr. could help him except they said he needed surgery. He healed himself over time with this method! I use it for all my stress related symptoms, back pain, headaches, stomache issue etc. I now have a friend who needs the info on Rabbi Katz's seminars and I don't have it anymore. Can anyone please tell me the dates and location of his seminars or a contact person who would know?

Thanks so much!
xo
Sharon

french fries

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 10:04 am
I've been to Rabbi Katz's speech and my husband has read some of Dr. Sarno's books. My husband thinks using this method can solve any problem. I believe it can help many problems and many problems it can't help by using the method can take away many of the symptoms. It has helped me personally.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 8:52 pm
Read the book years ago as I was always getting severe backaches. Used chiropractors, and nothing helped. Once I read this book, it was a lifesaver, never suffered again. Heard about Rabbi Katz and its wonderful what he does. But never went, as the book alone worked for me.
Many family members tried it and it worked for everyone. Once you read the book you are a different person. Automatically you learn how to deal with stress and not let the pain get into your back.
Dr Sarno is amazing.

thanks

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 10:28 pm
Mrs.K wrote:
A relative gave me Dr. Sarno's book years ago during a very difficult pregnancy. I agree that it's interesting, and certainly contains valid points, and I think it's worth a read. HOWEVER, sometimes it's just not going to work as much as you want to push it on someone. For example, as much as this relative told me it was "all in my head", it most definitely was not.

It can be very frustrating when someone has a legitimate medical issue, be it something natural like morning sickness or Ch'vs something more serious, and to have a well-meaning friend or relative try to push this on you and therefore not take you seriously.

Dr. Sarno does not say it is in your head. The pain is very real. He perscribed very strong painkillers for my husband's back pain. Dr. Sarno (who is now retired), did not treat anyone until they were seen by another dr. to rule out other medical conditions. My husband was helped through this method. We have a library of Dr. Sarno's books and dvd's that we lend out, and many people were helped just by reading the book.

sourstix

Post Thu, Jun 27 2013, 8:55 pm
thanks wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:

Dr. Sarno does not say it is in your head. The pain is very real. He perscribed very strong painkillers for my husband's back pain. Dr. Sarno (who is now retired), did not treat anyone until they were seen by another dr. to rule out other medical conditions. My husband was helped through this method. We have a library of Dr. Sarno's books and dvd's that we lend out, and many people were helped just by reading the book.
I know this is a year old but is this like mindfullness? dont push away the negative let it pass and try to do sometning positive? then its the same as meditation. can someone help me with this?

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 27 2013, 9:15 pm
thanks wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:

Exactly, the method never says the condition is all in your head, but that it is CAUSED by emotional stress. The theory is that emotional stress (which is real) has physical effects (also real). And this is when there is no other condition causing the symptoms. Pain from a broken bone is a signal to get the break treated, not to meditate or whatever.

almy-mommy

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:16 pm
Anyone have R' Katz contact info? It'll be greatly appreciated. Tnx

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 12:35 pm
If physical causes are all ruled out...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics