Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
The worse hostess ever
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Akeres Habayis

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:36 am
I think the woman who yelled at u in front of the other guests,was wrong.
I was thinking about it,and how to respond to her way of thinking.
she thought maybe,he would be accommodating and just go to bed upstairs.what's the big deal he's 11 almost bar mitzvah,responsible enough to just go to bed with no problem(this is her thinking maybe).when he saw she had to set up the couch for him,she thought he would be apologetic and say he would go upstairs or in his mom's room.

personally,as a single parent,I never went to sleep until I knew exactly where dd was sleeping,and she was aware that's where she needs to be NO MATTER WHAT.if she wanted anything she needed to ask me first.never the host/hostess.I explained to her, why should someone go out of their way for us,even if we are guests.its enough they invited us.I felt like a nebach as it was.

once I got married I decided that when I have guests,they would be similar in life styles.if I have a divorced woman over w/children then I would have another one over,or sem girls.never a married couple and a divorced woman w/children(my own meshugas).a married couple sleeping over and one from the neighborhood.

usually when u invite people over,u assume u are getting stable minded individuals,and if not,u try and do your best and rise to the occasion.if they are bringing children u hope that the children received an etiquette talk before arriving.
when we go away w/toddler,I ask do they mind the crying out method,bc we dont usually go to her if she wakes up in the night(these are to very close friends).if its someone we dont know,as soon as toddler gives a whimper,immediately pick her up and nurse her in my bed till she falls asleep,even though this is a no no in my book when we are at home.I do it to not inconvenience my host/hostess in anyway.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette