Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim Mishloach Manot Themes
Previous  1  2  3  4

CS

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 9:06 am
micki - I got exhausted just reading what you did - where do you get the patience and time? Do you sew by hand or machine?

I'm still looking for advice on how to (easily) put together Mordechai costumes, Judah the Maccabi - please, anyone who has done this, let me know how you did it (if you could be explicit like Micki was, that would be great).

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 1:08 pm
Piece of cloth to pin to his shoulders & a crown - cut out of paper, let him decorate it & size to his head with glue/ stapler

micki

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 2:02 pm
LOL -cs- I suppose when you love doing something, its no longer a job but a luxery. I love sewing and creating. I use mostly a machine, but some stuff needs hand sewing. and when all elses fails I resort to glue!
the time? this is my time for myself and latley its been time with my kidlets too cause they love "helping" so they usually end up cutting out little pieces and ask me to sew it together to make dresses for their dolls...

patience? sewing relaxes me as I said I love it...
try giving black pants, long boots with pants tucked in, a white shirt and a cape made from a fabric cut out in a cirlce with the center slit, and cutting a smaller circle out to make the neck- a black moustache and beard from face paint. though now I visualize kinda looks like Zorro LOL

you know I actually made a juda costume once for the shliach here- black pants brown t shirt, with a flinstones style tunic cut out of a brown wooly type fabric. simple pull on style, v neck opening, sleeves were zigzagged and ended arounf the elbow.
add accessories.

mommy2

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 2:47 pm
Micki, I tried to understand those crayons, but its way too hard for me! Thanks anyway.

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 3:30 pm
Mommy2 there is a much simpler way especially if you don't plan on keeping it.
Anyway decided against the lechem mishna idea though it's a cute idea !

And just finished making my infant twin son a shtreimel using fake fur and dolls curly hair is attached for payos. Has a black suit w/h his sisters white tights. My twin daugther will be his Kallah made her a veil attached to her headband made out of tulle. And she has a white gown dress anyway and w/h a bit of face paint it hopefully should do the trick!

mommy2

Post Thu, Mar 10 2005, 7:53 pm
freilech whats the simple way?

1stimer

Post Sun, Mar 13 2005, 4:09 pm
any ideas on what to dress a baby up as?

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 4:33 pm
For those of you that are doing the shabbos theme this year, my uncle who is a shliach gave us his shalach manos allready--early this year_ with it came a cute poem,thought I would share :

On Purim we send Mishloach Manot
Gifts of food to young and old
Since Purim is on a Friday this year
We thought something special to share
"Challlah" and grape juice, for you to partake
And candles, but not for a birthday cake

Please kindle them both, to usher in Shabbat
Before Sunset today at 5:42 on the dot
And why would purim bew ithout hamentaschen?
So happy purim and start the noshin!

thougt of doing a havdalah theme--- dress kid up as candle or grape juice and shalach manos, can give grape juice, cloves, candles adn some hamantaschen

shayna82

Post Mon, Jan 30 2006, 10:11 pm
im starting to think about it, I dont want to do the usual, just having trouble cominmg up with something orginal...

uandme

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 1:20 pm
well, how original will it be if you get ideas from someone else???!?!?! lol sorry to be literal Tongue Out

uandme

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 1:20 pm
a cute one I've seen is kids being bees and one of the adults the beekeeper

shayna82

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 1:40 pm
well I wasnt saying I would copy it, but just to get on to the road of thinking of orginal stuff was what I was asking for.

thanks

uandme

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 7:21 pm
looking for shalach manos themes or costumes or both?

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 7:30 pm
I know there was a thread from last year on it.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....2dde6

happymom

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 10:40 am
motek wrote:
Quote:
you call that POSITIVE?

oy

Of coarse its soemthing positive!!!!! WHy wouldnt eating something healthy, instead of something junky be positive? I dont understand.[/b]
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics