Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Professional Organizer
1  2  Next

FS613

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:25 am
I live in Brooklyn. Does anyone know of a professional organizer who does it as a job?

I haven't been feeling well lately, and I haven't been able to keep my home in order, with books and papers and miscellaneous things all over the place.

I could use someone who knows how to organize.

Thank you.

cheerios

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:17 pm
Shoshana Troppe Phone: 917-797-6067 shoshana@messfreestressfree.com

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 1:09 pm
just be aware that a prof org. is not a cleaning lady. she can help you decide what goes and what stays, and where to put it, but she will not do that work for you. if it's a matter of not knowing where to begin, not having space designated for specific purposes, a prof. org. is for you, but if it's a matter of not feeling up to putting things where they belong--nobody here but you chickens. like a physical therapist, she can tell you what exercises to do and show you how to do them, but she's not going to do the exercises for you.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 2:16 pm
Minky Glass
917 853 1549
minkyg@rcn.com

Pineapple

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 6:39 pm
Out of curiosity how much do they charge?

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:52 pm
I spoke to Minky tonite, And told her she was mentioned here. So she is ready for your call....

octopus

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:54 pm
so do they come with the organizational bins or something? or do they tell you where to buy it? Do they show you how to fold stuff to take up the least amount of space?

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:55 pm
IIRC (read about it years ago), it's also emotional component of teaching you how to let go of so much stuff.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 7:57 am
Just found this:

www.theorganizingdoc.com

she's frum from what I understand and I like the work she does. the only problem is that some of her after pictures are still too messy for me Smile and I wonder how expensive she is.

mommalah

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 9:43 am
um, people actually pay for this?

myfriends715

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 9:48 am
thanx mamabear for posting the link.. now I feel better abt my own house.. its bad but not that bad Smile

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 10:13 am
I know, I cracked up, omg what those before pics looked like!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 10:13 am
I know, I cracked up, omg what those before pics looked like!

momsprince

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 10:50 am
Wow! My kitchen and closets look like these "after" pictures on BAD days, like when I don't feel well enough to clean up. These pictures don't represent a professional organizer IMO.

louche

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 12:43 pm
Oh, goodness. How did she get admitted to the org. for professional organizers?

OTOH, the "after" pix are a significant improvement over the befores, and for the most part look as though they didn't involve a large outlay of $ for closet hardware and containers. Most organizers' "after" pix look like ads for Staples and the Container Store,

Maybe what she's showing is a realistic level of organization that her clients can maintain. Most organizers' pix are perfect, like a Good Housekeeping shoot, and I'll be willing to bet that the clients aren't able to keep up that level of perfection for than 5 minutes.

I'd be embarrassed to show those "after" pix as an example of my work--but people for whom the "after" pix are"before" pix don't need RZ's services. Who knows--she may be crazy like a fox. Maybe she shows these mediocre pix deliberately, to avoid scaring people off. If her pix looked too perfect, some ppl would immediately turn away, assuming she's too expensive and fearing that she'd force them to part with everything they hold dear. Her pix show a more, shall we say, relaxed attitude towards organizing, with which some people may be more comfortable.

msym

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 12:56 pm
louche wrote:
Oh, goodness. How did she get admitted to the org. for professional organizers?

OTOH, the "after" pix are a significant improvement over the befores, and for the most part look as though they didn't involve a large outlay of $ for closet hardware and containers. Most organizers' "after" pix look like ads for Staples and the Container Store,

Maybe what she's showing is a realistic level of organization that her clients can maintain. Most organizers' pix are perfect, like a Good Housekeeping shoot, and I'll be willing to bet that the clients aren't able to keep up that level of perfection for than 5 minutes.

I'd be embarrassed to show those "after" pix as an example of my work--but people for whom the "after" pix are"before" pix don't need RZ's services. Who knows--she may be crazy like a fox. Maybe she shows these mediocre pix deliberately, to avoid scaring people off. If her pix looked too perfect, some ppl would immediately turn away, assuming she's too expensive and fearing that she'd force them to part with everything they hold dear. Her pix show a more, shall we say, relaxed attitude towards organizing, with which some people may be more comfortable.

I agree! Yes

willow

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 1:04 pm
Professional organizers usually help you eliminate all the clutter/junk/things you don't use out of your life. This women just looked like she made it neat for a day.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 1:06 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I spoke to Minky tonite, And told her she was mentioned here. So she is ready for your call....

lol the first person who came to mind ... I guess I'm right Wink

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 1:10 pm
the last picture in the "kitchens" looks like a jewish home after shabbos lunch ...

anyone can throw stuff around and then take it out of the way ... not sure those before & afters prove much ...

a person needs permanent places for each item in their home ... some homes simply aren't big enough to rid of the clutter ... the rest of us are slobs ... or still recuperating from a baby What

lucky

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 1:19 pm
I am not a 'proffesional' organizer, but I do the job very well. I love the challenge.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics