Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Babys with strep throat

tzivs107

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 5:44 pm
Had anyone had a baby under a year with strep throat? My baby is 7 months old and had. They say babys dont have, how is that??? Confused

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 6:48 pm
My doctor told me they don't get it under a year. Question

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 7:06 pm
I must be the exception then, but my babies have been "documented" to have had strep throat, one of them even at the age of 2 months.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 8:41 pm
my dr's pediatrician said they can't get it under a year.
ANYHOW, when my son had fever for several days and it was erev Yom Tov and his dr was closed...we went to a family dr, who took cultures of me, my husband and my son (because my husband was also sick).
So my son seemed to have an ear infection...and the strep culture came out positive, too!
When I mentioned it to his pediatrician, he said something about if they do get it under 2 (or 1?), it's usually not treated.
OK- WTVR.

lucky

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 1:01 pm
I also had a kid under 1yr have strep. They don't usually check for it but if everyone in the family has it, they would check the baby too.

BTW has anyone heard of being a strep carrier??

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 5:32 pm
I'm not sure what you mean.
but when during my last pregnancy, I had strep several time one after another, my dr said that sometimes there are people who always have strep and it doesn't bother them. they just live with it. I guess it's not contagious then? B"H mine went away, though I did get it again - usually during pregnancy!!

Itta

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 3:51 pm
yes, my baby (then 6 months) had strept.

the doctor said it's not treated under a certain age (I don't remember if she said a yr or 18 months) because there is no danger of it developing into something more dangerous like rheumatic fever.

though, in the end I had it treated with anti-biotics because, firstly the baby was soooo miserable, and second I didn't want everyone else in my family to get sick too. it seems that although they usually don't treat it, it does remain contagious until it goes away...

raizy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 10:40 pm
brachahd I feel for u . when I am preg I seem to get everythig.. like I took the flue shot only to have sinis and a sore throat that same week. then I had a mild case of flue but how can that be since I had the flue shot...

I catch everything under the sun . but only when I am preg.
weird ..

mommy2

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 9:23 pm
Raizy it makes 100% sense to get sick when u r pregnant b/c u r in a weaker state. (like old ppl... healthy ppl get sick less often)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics