Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Salt containers are horrible !
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 10:13 am
zaq wrote:
Mama's myths to the contrary, it's NOT OK for family members to eat from the same dish.

This is, btw, why you should always eat ice cream straight from the container. With your germs all over it, you now have dibs on the container and no one else can eat from it. Wink

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:39 am
curlytop wrote:
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Are you talking about the round containers? Whats wrong with them? You just have to be careful not to put it on a wet counter.

And just to complain about other products, how about the yogurt companies that become cheap and stopped making normal covers/lids. Most companies (besides Mehadrin) make a plain pull off foil cover. My little kids usually dont eat a whole container, and every time I put back a half container in the fridge, it ends up spilling. Mad

Let them eat it with a straw... its neater and won't spill as fast in the fridge

But yogurt with little fruit pieces doesn't work with a straw.
I do use straws with leben, but they usually finish the whole thing anyway!
(and besides, just last week, before I managed to pack away the groceries my 2 yo decided to open 3 containers of yogurt just for fun! Twisted Evil )

Mommish

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 10:39 pm
anonymom wrote:
When Dannon stopped the lids and went to foil, they bragged that now there will be more plastic to make toys for children. IANMTU. (I am not making this up--but I did just make up the acronym. LOL.)

That reminds me of the basmati rice bag that used to be re-sealable, and now for "environmental" (cost cutting?) reasons has switched to a plain plastic bag that needs to be opened with a scissor and put into another container so the rice doesn't spill everywhere. genius. Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 27 2009, 10:08 am
Yeah, well .... as an update, since Mommish bumped this thread back to the land of the living, I bought a container of salt that cost a little more and it's fine.

I shoved the other one behind the spices. If my hands are steady, maybe I can refill the first one when it empties out. If not, I wasted a dollar.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:50 pm
DIAMOND CRYSTAL SALT....

Blair

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 11:19 pm
I would love to have my salt come in a box here in Israel it comes in a paper bag and if it gets wet forget or better yet gets a ho;e even before you get it home from the store. I put it in Tupperware when it does make it home safely.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics