Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Just for fun -- what Purim shtick made you laugh?

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 1:50 pm
Title says it all -- could be your kids, your sibs, or you in your youth. Smile

louche

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 2:02 pm
a baal koreh leined "balyalah hahoo naddeda shnat hamelech" to Brahms' Lullabye
a henchman of the baal koreh held up Punch & Judy-type puppets to enact the various roles
the rabbi cranked his hands like a movie reel to signal the baal koreh that he should speed things up

rb

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 2:28 pm
We saw a whole family dressed up as the cast from "family guy" It was hilarious!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 4:50 pm
I love those aerosol cans that have a trigger... you squeeze it and it makes such a loud hooting sound, I just love it. It's one of those things that are so silly but crack me up. it's kinda the sound like a duck in distress, but with a laundry clip over it's nose so it's a nasal duck quacking. Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

freidasima

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 4:58 pm
I guess I'm really Yekke at heart...I hate purim shtik, we never had it in our family, Purim was always a very serious holiday, celebrating our deliverance from disaster. Dh told me that he always has a problem with Jewish men acting like morons, using "yuntif" as an excuse. There is, according to him, no excuse to get drunk to the point of being gross, and there is a tremendous difference between drinking enough to be glad and happy and relaxed and gay and throwing up all over the toilet bowl!

So, while little kids wear costumes to make them happy, we never went into any shtik...

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:52 pm
My DD's sem has been having a lot of fun. Two days ago, someone woke at 5 a.m. and took the whole dorm's shoes and hung them up on the ceiling of the common area. Yesterday, they switched places with another seminary, except that half the girls didn't, and the menaheles refused entry to the latecomers, so it's hard to say who the joke was on.

professor

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:12 pm
My DD dressed up as a teacher, walked into a random classroom in her school and started teaching. I want pictures of that!!!! 😁😃
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics