Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Universal immunization: MEDICAL MIRICLE OR MASTERFUL MIRAGE?

Aish

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:59 pm
Universal Immunization: Medical Miracle or Masterful Mirage?by author Raymond Obomsawin, PhD

There is a massive international effort to administer artificial immunization to the children of the world.

The World Health Organization (WHO) is a United Nations created and sustained multilateral agency. Its Universal or Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) began in 1983. The purpose was to achieve maximum immunization coverage of the world’s children. All national political leaders (then representing 158 nation states) made a commitment to achieve 85 per cent immunization coverage in their respective countries by the year 1990. In that year WHO set a new standard for the governments of the world, the goal of 100 per cent immunization by the year 2000.

My own research considers the purposes, policies and practices surrounding mass immunization. It began early in 1991 while I was an evaluation analyst in the Evaluation Division at the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) conducting a field evaluation of the EPI component of a major UNICEF project. It affected several hundred communities in northeast Thailand.

The many serious issues and concerns raised in my initial study have not, by any means, been properly addressed or resolved [by WHO]. The medico-industrial complex has neither wavered nor modified its posture of providing a white-washed endorsement and promotion of vaccination--a largely unproven technological fix which carries its own seeds of disease and death.

For the most part, the same can be said of the public sector policies. Governments such as the United States and Canada are in conflict of interest by playing a direct role in the development of new vaccines; the active promotion and enforcement of mandatory artificial immunization; and the monitoring of vaccines for adverse side effects.

Only one in four vaccine-injured victims who applies for compensation under US law is compensated for often catastrophic injuries. Government qualifying rules require that the onset of adverse symptoms must have occurred within four hours of the administration of the vaccine! Despite these severe limitations in legal liability, compensatory payments have totaled $871,800 million since passage of the National Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, up to February 28, 1998,!

Sad to say, the public sector’s world-wide monitoring for adverse side effects does not appear to have improved. As well, multilateral development agencies such as UNICEF continue to push this unproven technology on a largely uninformed and intimidated public in Developing World nations.

Western public awareness of the problems and dangers associated with mass immunization programs appears to have grown. The internet has helped considerably. Even some physicians are at long last waking up to and advocating the truth. In France, 200 doctors have called on their governments to immediately halt the hepatitis B vaccine program because of the many cases of neurological disorders and multiple sclerosis it caused. In Switzerland, 500 doctors continue to oppose their government’s measles, mumps and rubella vaccine campaign.

Historical Evidence
North American data on various diphtheria outbreaks in the early 40s reveal the following facts:

Of cases admitted for hospital treatment in the Halifax epidemic, 66 had previously received one or more doses of diphtheria toxoid or antitoxin. Of this number, five cases had been immunized within the preceding two-month period.

In the Ottawa epidemic, 36 of 99 cases (all under the age of 15) were found to have previously received all three doses of the toxoid.

In the Baltimore (US) epidemic, 63 per cent of all cases had a record or history of prior immunization with toxoid. Among the fatal and more serious cases, 77.8 per cent had previously been given the toxoid.

Evidence from the same historic period in Europe suggests that the use of diphtheria toxoid triggered epidemics of the disease.

Between 1941 and 1944 the Ministry of the Department of Health (Scotland) admitted almost 23,000 cases of diphtheria in immunized children (with 180 fatalities).

By 1941 the majority of children in France had been inoculated for diphtheria, the case rate standing at 13,795 by the end of that year. Mass immunization efforts continued. By 1943 the diphtheria cases more than tripled to 46,750.

Diphtheria cases increased by 55 per cent in Hungary and tripled in Geneva, Switzerland after the introduction of compulsory immunization laws. In Germany, with compulsory mass immunization introduced in 1940, the number of cases increased from 40,000 per year to 250,000 by 1945, virtually all among immunized children.

Norway remained unvaccinated and had only 50 recorded cases of diphtheria during this time. In Sweden diphtheria virtually disappeared without any immunization.

Similar data can be cited for measles, polio, whopping cough, tuberculosis and smallpox. Smallpox vaccine, for instance, was reported in late 1960 to have resulted in varying degrees of brain damage in roughly 300,000 children in West Germany. Smallpox vaccination damaged the hearing of 3,296 other children, of which 71 became totally deaf.

Despite this historical record of consistent failure in efficacy or irrevocable damage to health worldwide, vaccines continue to be researched and funded by both international corporate companies and international governments.

Vaccine Alternatives
There is a more appropriate alternative to vaccines in the effective prevention of disease, whether infectious or degenerative. There is an abundance of evidence that multiple lifestyle factors are not only effective in preventing and reversing degenerative diseases, but the full range of infectious diseases as well.

Physical exercise can enhance natural killer cell function and elevate interferon, serum leukocyte and interleukin-1 levels. (Interleukin-1 enhances both B and T lymphocyte activity and is involved in the body’s initial response to infection and inflammation. Interferon is known to arrest reproduction of viruses and is vital in reversing many forms of viral infection, including hepatitis, chicken pox, herpes simplex and zoster.

Recent studies have documented that even sub-clinical levels of malnutrition and deficiencies of vitamins, minerals and trace elements have been linked to the impairment of immune responses.

A reduction in [processed] dietary fat in humans correlates with strengthening of natural killer cell activity. It has also been shown in vitro that polyunsaturated fats weaken lymphocyte ability to respond to antigens.
Even brief periods of sleep deprivation have been linked to dramatic decreases in basic host immune responses.

Stressful conditions can profoundly suppress immune responses of blood and splenic lymphocytes, including T-cell mitogenesis, natural killer cell activity, production of interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interferon and IL-2 receptor expression.

Bodily exposure to ultraviolet rays as found in natural sunlight significantly strengthens the immune response. The current medical concept is that sun is destructive to human health. It claims the sun is responsible for accelerating aging of the skin and the prime cause of skin cancer. However, extensively documented research clearly points to the fact that the highly refined Western diet plays the leading role in both the aging process and the development of skin cancer.

Alcohol is an immunosuppressive drug with far-reaching consequences. It interferes significantly with antibacterial defense and adversely affects cell-mediated immunity, thereby increasing risks for viral infection, tuberculosis and neoplasia (tumor formation). With even moderate alcohol intake (four glasses of beer) immune suppression lasts three to seven hours and viruses grow more rapidly.

Smoking weakens host defenses against bacteria and viruses, including the impairment of macrophage
function.

Dr Obomsawin’s complete report on Universal Immunization can be obtained by phoning Health Action Network Society, in Burnaby, BC. Phone 604-435-0512. Fax 604-438-0853.

Raymond Obomsawin is president of the Circle of Nations Institute of Life Sciences and Sustainable Development.

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 2:32 pm
I hate to be nitpicky, but I can't help it, it's part of me:

Quote:
Post subject: Universal immunization: MEDICAL MIRICLE OR MASTERFUL MIRAGE?

Universal Immunization: Medical Miracle or Masterful Mirage?by author Raymond Obomsawin, PhD

just notice the spelling differences.

Aish

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 2:35 pm
goldrose, and so you are nitpicky!
that was MY mistake, as I wrote the title quickly.
thanks for pointing it out to me
couldn't have picked on anything else? Wink

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 2:42 pm
aish, I agree with you on the subjects and have no patience to discuss them. as these boards are slow if you are watching them a lot, there isnt much to talk about - because I can't have a conversation with myself, I need to wait for others to reply! so I had to pick SOMETHING! I didnt mean it meanly though.

Aish

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 5:25 pm
I know. I took it like you meant it Wink
no harm done!

ektsm

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 1:59 pm
not immunizing is crazy and your kids are protected by herd immunity

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:27 pm
ektsm, I can just as easily say "immunizing is crazy and your kids immune system gets blown"

Aish

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:13 pm
good point goldrose!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics