Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sippy cup philosophy

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 8:31 pm
Hi,

This might be weird but here is a little background. B"H my little miracle s 7 months old (KA"H) and I breastfeeding has always been great. he eats basic solids but still nurses. A few weeks ago I had to leave him with babysitters on 2 separate days and he wouldn''t even take a sip from his bottle. At first I though tit was the formula, but even the 4 bottles of pumped milk went untouched. So in case of emergency and for purposes of progression I am interested in starting him on sippy or trainer cups, but I am not sure what to put in them. I am really uninterested in having him become a juice addict that just wants to slurp all day whose stomach is too full to eat food. I have been thinking about trying super watered down cereal in the cups maybe once a day just so that he gets nutrients and learns a life skill at the same time. My mom thinks I should express milk and make smoothies so to speak. any thoughts?

zuncompany

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 8:36 pm
I give my kids no juice. My ped is very against it. Both my kids started sippy cups around 6 months. I start on water and breast milk. When my older son got older we put other things in like rice milk (he is allergic to milk) and for very special treats (shabbos kiddush) very very watered down grape juice (1oz to 9 oz water). He had now graduated to a straw sippy cup.

Sara

yehudis

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 10:43 pm
Why don't you just put water there? My children drank water at that age.

Tovah

Post Fri, Jan 21 2005, 1:23 pm
I give my daughter only water and she loves it. she wont take juice, its the thrill of a cup thats exciting but you have to be patient it takes along time-well for my daughter anyways
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics