Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for my husband and
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 3:26 am
I almost feel.. bad posting this. In the realm of people who need Tehillim, I don't think my husband really ranks all that high, but I believe in the power of Davening and every little bit helps.

2 years ago he was involved in a car accident. He was making a left hand turn and a guy on a motorcycle came around a blind curve and nicked my husband's car.

I'd rather not go into particulars but the guy (his name is Steve, not sure what his mother's name is or what his Hebrew name is) ended up a quadriplegic.

According to my husband's lawyer in 90% of the cases, the prosecution follows the recommendations of the parole officer. In my husband's case the PO recommends 250 hours of community service (he'll be tutoring special ed kids in English and rebuilding the school's website) and a suspended license for 5 years (he's already surrendered the license just over a year ago). At the end of 5 years he'll have to take driver's ed and all the tests all over again.

And then there's the other 10%. The man's mother is pushing the prosecution for jail time. She's refused mediation. She's refused the advice of the lawyer handling her son's case and even demanded a different lawyer who will do as she wants.

I can't tell you how terrified I am. My husband is a good man. He doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs. He doesn't drive recklessly. He is also the sole provider for our family. If he spends even 1 month in jail, we're out on the street. Literally.

Tomorrow we go before the judge and she'll be deciding the case.

If you wouldn't mind saying a Perek of Tehillim for my husband, Zechariya Dan ben Nina Leah and another Perek for 'Steve', I would be eternally grateful.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 3:32 am
Yesha, I will say a perek, b"n, and may your husband have much siyata dishmaya. Hugs to you.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 3:32 am
Done. If it helps at all, judges don't usually like people who ignore legal advice and act out of "get back at them" mentality. OBVIOUSLY there are emotions running high here, but the mother is shooting herself in the foot. Especially since Zach already surrendered his license and has co-operated (despite being in the right!). If I'm wrong I'll eat my tichel, and you guys are welcome to move in with me!

freidasima

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 3:42 am
Davening for you yesha, and for Zach and "Steve" and may it all go well. I second what Marion said, judges usually don't like people who don't follow their lawyer's recommendation and shoot themselves in the foot. May it go well. Please keep us posted.

cinnamon

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 4:21 am
I also davened for you. may it all go well.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 5:01 am
me too.

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 5:24 am
me too. I hope it all works out, iyh.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 7:33 am
Will do.

tovarena

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 7:43 am
Done. We hope to hear good news. Hug

Tamiri

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 7:44 am
Hug May justice prevail. Hashem yaazor.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 7:46 am
I am a bit confused as to why he would even be prosecuted criminally. In an accident, even if C"V someone dies, people arent usually thrown in jail. Am I missing something? I'm sorry, I dont understand....

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 8:05 am
amother wrote:
I am a bit confused as to why he would even be prosecuted criminally. In an accident, even if C"V someone dies, people arent usually thrown in jail. Am I missing something? I'm sorry, I dont understand....

Actually vehicular manslaughter can carry a prison term. Which doesn't apply here because B"H the guy is alive.

And we're in Israel, not the US.

hila

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 8:07 am
behatslacha Yesha... hope it works out for you all... I am thinking about you.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 8:50 am
Ditto to what Hila and the others said. I feel for you and pray that all will go well for your husband and family. It's scary. Hug

soulful music

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:38 am
OK, said Tehillim. May you have a positive outcome B"EH.

yummydd

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:39 am
Done, wishing you Htazlacha and may it all work out iyh.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:43 am
Yesha, don't feel bad about posting this. This is something I think we'd all be happy to daven for and IY"H hear a favorable outcome.

sunshine!

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:49 am
May it all work out and may you hear good news soon. I will keep them in mind!

Butterfly

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:56 am
Feeling with you and your dear family.

Will say Tehilim imy"H, and daven that all goes well.

Hoping and praying, you share with us good besurot very soon bezr"H.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 10:32 am
with you & your family in mind, spirit, & prayer ... may Hashem see you through this !!! Study
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed