Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
THRUSH...ouch

applemartini101

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:18 pm
my 3 1/2 month old baby has thrush for the third time! I keep on "kicking" it and then it comes back a couple weeks later... its becoming extremely painful for me too! Any advice or ideas, (I've obviously gone to the doctor who perscribed me cream to apply to myself as well as my babys mouth)

reed

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:49 pm
Have you tried switching medications? Often where one doesn't work, another can be prescribed that will be more effective. My pediatrician always started with nystatin. It rarely worked with my kids. Others worked better. And they were usually were easier to use - smaller, less frequent dosing, which makes them easier to use properly. I forget the exact names, but I think my baby got diflucan (fluconazole). The cream I used had some steroid in addition to the antifungal.

Hang in there! Good luck!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:59 pm
diflucan works wonders. make sure to treat the baby too, omg whats the name of that canadian/european cream that you an use for mther and baby? my brain has shut down for hte night.

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 9:24 pm
with my baby we both took medicine simultaneously.

caringarden

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:04 am
DAKTARIN
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics