Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Colic

raizy

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 11:49 pm
allright my baby sometimes cries and cries and doesnt stop I tried everything. a pamper. nursing. bottles. holding him and rocking him,. everything under the sun but he seems to cry between 6 and 11 oclock every single night.

so is this colic or not????

bye the time he goes to sleep I am konked out. and dont have energy for anything else.

this is a whole new expeirence for me . my other kids were golden compared to this one. no other child put me threw the wringer like this one.

chavamom

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 12:12 am
You know the 'medical' definition of colic? Inconsolable crying without known cause. Often occurs at the same period of day everyday, usually in the evening....

Sounds like your baby fits the bill!

raizy

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 3:14 am
chavamom. my doc confirmed it last week. colic. a whole new life for me. I might as well get a sling and put my baby in it bc he is usally attached to me 24/7 thank hasham that he is golden in the morning and only starts at 5-6 p.m.

willow

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 6:26 am
raizy I don't know if this will help but sometimes when my baby is fussy a bath seems to sooth her.

amother

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 11:00 pm
It seems like those are the hours when babies get very needy (unwinding?!). I remember thinking, how in the world can I deal with this at the end of the day?! But I think it's just a stage, I wouldn't label them colicky if it was at a certain time each day.
Why did your doc say your baby was colicky?

cutiemom

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 10:37 am
my baby had colic.

what helped us? a bath (like s/o mentioned), running water (the constant sound) or white noise from the radio, mylicon drops according to what dr. says to give, and yes, holding the baby, lying the baby down and holding his/her knees against the chest so gas could be released.

Also yes, it is a stage which can last anywhere till 3-4 months old. Usually it just changes overnight. Something in their body's digestive system is not fully developed and somehow it changes.

Just remember its a stage, because otherwise there will be times that you might go crazy!! oh and if you can't handle anymore of the crying it is ok to put the baby down and go into another room, there is nothing else to do and you need to be able to control your feelings. you are "lucky" it is only those hours at night, we had it all day every day Sad

raizy

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 11:30 pm
yes I know about the bath. I give him a bath every single night.

I give him oval drops that seems to help him.

and I seem to have gotten used to it. the best part is that he doesnt cry so much anymore. and I hold him from 5:30 p.m. till about midnight. so guess who has the honours of putting all the kids to sleep. not me ... at least some good came out of it.!Smile and it seems that I had the last laugh from his colic .let the dad run around putting 4 kids to sleep . bye the time my baby is sleeping hopefully all the others have gone to lala land.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics