Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby, fever, finals & alone

shnitzel

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 8:37 pm
DH is on a plane to Israel right now and my 6 month old DD is sick for the first time. She has a fever and is pretty miserable. I can't give her tylenol b/c it makes her throw up (we tried twice and the second it hit her mouth...). I have a big final tomorrow and no family nearby. I normally share a babysitter with a friend but the babysitter is on vacation so this is a substitute and under good circumstances Dd hates being away from me but sick and with someone she has never met means she will cry the entire time. I'm also worried about getting the other baby sick. I've tried calling one friend to babysit but can't think of anything else.

Any suggestions or advice? I've never had more respect for single mothers and women who's husbands travel for business. This is so hard.

Tehilla

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 8:40 pm
what about Motrin? did you ask your pediatrician?

hang in there, I'm sorry to hear everything happening at once. refuah sheleima to your little one, and hatzlacha on your finals, and safe trip & return for your husband.

bluesclues

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 9:30 pm
try suppusitories

intel

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 9:50 pm
I can simpathize to some extent. my 6 month old baby is sick with fever for the first time also. she had fever for 2-3 days and this morning she had 105! she had a major infection. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and did not start preparing until late afternoon today. bh my husband is home and helping me but I can simpathize. Sad is there someone even out of town but not too far that you can drive the baby to and then study there while they watch her or come home and leave her there overnight? sounds far fetched but maybe worth it.

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:11 pm
do you have facebook? the last 3 times I needed an emergency babysitter I found one through fb (extended family, friends of friends, friend of siblings if friends...)

shnitzel

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:35 pm
Out of town for me is a 12 hour drive! But b"H I found a babysitter for tomorrow. I am nervous about trying motrin w/out DH b/c I am scared of allergic reactions and I think I would have the same problem as with tylenol since it is the taste that makes her throw up. I am keeping her cool and she seems so much better, she's playing and active and happy.

Thanks for being my support. To top the night off DD stuck a toy to far back in her throat and threw up all over me - after her bath. And I could barely speak to my family since they made a vort tonight..... I really should start studying.

hadasa

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 11:07 am
Sounds really hard... I can sympathize- I have experience with all sorts of things going wrong just when DH is out of town.

I hope Hashem gives you a lot of strength and patience, and everything will work out for the best!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics