Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
ISO kitchen table/chairs and/or dinning room chairs for $500
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:01 pm
My in-laws gave us $500 to buy some new furniture - we are in desperate need of new dinning room chairs (our table is great BH) and also kitchen table+chairs. I know $500 is probably not enough, but where can I find good bargains on these things? Thanks!

sky

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:44 pm
Where are you located, how many do you need?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:48 pm
I am about 2 hours away from NY Wink . For dinning room chairs I would need at least 6. For the kitchen 4-5 should be enough (for now...).

If you have specific suggestions (and need to know exactly where I am) I can PM you.

Thanks!

jewels

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:49 pm
Ikea is great for things like that - you can sometimes get really great deals there.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:52 pm
I'm in Lakewood and don't have any numbers off hand but I know Katz's furniture has pretty decent prices on kitchen chairs.
There is a store here called the Attic that has pretty nice dinette sets sometimes.
Also in the ciruculars here (particularly the BP) you can find people selling DR chairs for very cheaper then elsewere (the chairs are from China).

Also check out craigs list - you can sometimes find dining room sets that are barely used. My SILs had good luck with buying barely used sets.

I hope you find what you need.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 8:28 pm
Thanks sky. I guess I should check out craigslist, I forgot about that one. But the thing is, we need only tables for the dinning room, and I assume most people are selling a whole set which includes a table...But thanks for all the other suggestions. I am sort of near Lakewood, we go there once in a while to shop, so maybe I can check out the stores you mentioned.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 8:29 pm
I second Ikea. They have great deals, good quality and reasonably priced. And they're currently having pretty great sales in all departments.

MommyZ

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 8:32 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
I second Ikea. They have great deals, good quality and reasonably priced. And they're currently having pretty great sales in all departments.

Whenever we bought furniture at Ikea it came with impossible to follow directions and fell apart.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 8:33 pm
MommyZ wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

Whenever we bought furniture at Ikea it came with impossible to follow directions and fell apart.
That's really interesting. We currently own an entire office, a playroom toy storage system, a table, a little table, and some other stuff from them and haven't had a problem with a single piece of their's.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 8:23 pm
BTW in the Lakewood freebay there was advertised a DR table with 6 chairs. PM me if you want the number (I don't feel comfortable writing it on a public forum) or setup an e-mail account.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks sky. I guess I should check out craigslist, I forgot about that one. But the thing is, we need only tables for the dinning room, and I assume most people are selling a whole set which includes a table...But thanks for all the other suggestions. I am sort of near Lakewood, we go there once in a while to shop, so maybe I can check out the stores you mentioned.

If the price is good buy the set and sell the other piece yourself

alpidarkomama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 2:39 am
Almost all of our furniture has been from craigslist, and we paid a fraction of what we would have paid for new. I'm sure you would find something for $500 or less, even if you just wanted to ditch the chairs! We got a solid (HEAVY) oak table a few years ago that seats 8 for $100 and it was in *mint* condition.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 11:50 am
Anybody have any suggestions for a kitchen dinette set?

I found this but I am not sure of the quality.
http://www.walmart.com/Better-.....70900

Also most of them have 4 chairs and we are BH expecting our third child, so I think it's silly to buy a set with 4 chairs when be"H in a couple of years we will need 5 (and be'H more as the time goes on). If we are already spending $400-$500 I want it to last and to be functional. Any suggestions? we don't need anything fancy just functional and relatively good quality.

Thanks!

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 12:15 pm
Hi,

I have a dinette set (6 chairs + table with leaf) if you're interested. I love it, it's beautiful (don't know what color you're looking for) & amazing quality. I got a DR set instead (no eat-in kitchen) so it's just sitting in my basement.
I had put it up here awhile ago in classifieds.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 12:34 pm
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/dinetteset.jpg/

I want to sell for $350

amother

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 12:36 pm
happy2beme wrote:
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/dinetteset.jpg/

I want to sell for $350

Thanks! How big is the table?

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 12:52 pm
I can't remember. I think I used to get an 80 inch tablecloth, so maybe 6 feet? & u can take out leaf to make it smaller (I never did)....

amother

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 12:57 pm
Thanks. I think that would be too big for our kitchen.

Does anybody have something like this?
http://www.cymaxstores.com/Com.....55904

Does the table seem too small for a kitchen table?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 2:39 pm
Bump.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. I think that would be too big for our kitchen.

Does anybody have something like this?
http://www.cymaxstores.com/Com.....55904

Does the table seem too small for a kitchen table?

My SIL I think had that exact same thing (she found it at a yard sale) if I remember correctly it didn't really seat a lot of people comfortably. It looked really pretty. You also have to know if your kids will be willing to sit on the bench.

According to the description the table sits just 4 but maybe you can fit smaller kids better on the bench
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics