Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many pairs of weekday pants does your dh own and wear?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:49 pm
And how many times do they each get worn before they get thrown in the laundry hamper?

Same for shirts, if you want to chime in on that one too.

thanks!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:59 pm
I'd guess 3 pants and a dozen shirts. Hard to say because he's got so many old clothes packed into his closet that he never wears either cause they don't fit or he doesn't like them. I'm not taking it upon myself to clean it out and give away stuff.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:01 pm
He owns 2 pairs of weekday pants. I don't even want to know how often he wears them before washing.

He has lots of shirts, maybe 10 or so. Sometimes he wears them a couple times; I hope not often.

WriterMom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:03 pm
DH has two pairs of jeans and 4-5 pairs of cotton pants. Shirts ... I dunno, he gets polo shirts from suppliers and so has vast numbers of them that he didn't pay for. He has more real shirts than he wants, but almost all of them are pretty and cotton ones I get for him at Old Navy for $5 on sale.

I am of the opinion that something that's worn once needs to go in the wash. Between all the sweat from a day of living, and more especially from living with so many children and a couple of pets, and meals with people who sometimes throw food (usually by accident) nothing is ever really clean by bedtime. (This is why I never wear - don't think I even own - dry clean only and very very rarely handwash-only clothing.) If he gets changed in the evening to go somewhere, obviously, it is probably still clean, but for daily wear I'd rather just wash. He likes to re-wear things; he thinks he has too many things, while I think he has the right amount. It's not a coincidence.

He's starting to come around to my way now that I sometimes point out to him, when he's preparing to fold up the day's clothes to wear again, that there's a bit of pasta sauce here, or drool or spit up there.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:08 pm
Pants, like a dozen. Shirts about 15?
We don't do weekday vs week end.
I don't know how much time he wears them because most look like the others LOL

athomemom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:25 pm
my husband has 4 pairs of weekday pants. once they are dirty it goes in the wash (sometimes daily)
shirts he changes daily.... & I wish I'd be able to count how many...(he must have atleast 16+)

newmom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:44 pm
I don't know how many pairs of pants because he wears them and sends them to the cleaners. Shirts, probably 40! They go to the cleaners after one wearing. I offered to launder and iron them but he likes the way the cleaners does it better and that's just fine with me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics