Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What does your cleaning person do in your home?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 4:21 am
I was just wondering what your cleaner does in your home? I just dont know what is "right" and what is not "right" to ask my cleaner to do or not.

at the moment he sweeps, spongas the floor, dusts the wood, cleans the bathroom (including the toilets and bathtub and shower).

do you have your cleaner do any other things in your home? I know growing up my mother had the cleaner fold the laundry and change the sheets on the bed.

Zus

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 5:00 am
I think that everything you ask from the cleaner is acceptable, as long as it's mutually agreed. Who care that you pay someone else to change your bed linens or fold your laundry? My parents used to have a cleaner who ironed (and loved it), and polished the parquet floor twice a year too. And she polished silver.
And she did windows.

The cleaners I've had over the course of time usually don't get to do more than the floor (vacuuming and sponja) and the bathrooms. everything extra, I'd always have to ask for. This includes dishes sometimes, windows, regular dusting.

Sherri

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 5:00 am
Cleaning fridge, cabinets... some people ask their help to wash dishes, change linen...

happyone

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 6:34 am
washes, hangs and irons the laundry/clothing, Sweeps, cleans bathrooms, vacuums, washes toilets, changes linens, etc.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 6:44 am
She does everything without asking, even stuff I wouldn't think of (windows). She took all the old cardboxes on the balcony from our move to the trash! she's a pearl.

The only thing she doesn't do is ironing (but maybe we will ask her) and washing machine, but she does put the clothes in the closets.

Justlookup

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 6:56 am
In my mother-in-law's home, and therefore also in my sisters-in-law's homes, their cleaning ladies also help with the cooking - peeling, chopping - even flattening out the chicken for shnitzel!

heffer569

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 9:22 am
My Maid does everything she cleans the kitchen and all that includes sweeps mops does the bathrooms toilets changes linen does the laundry and folding does all the dishes. peels my veggies for salads goes to the grocery store with a list from me. if I turn on flame b4 I leave for school on fri there are times she makes my whole shabbos.

mltjm

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 4:19 pm
I think it depends on what country you live in as well.

Simcha100

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 4:29 am
I prioritize. I don't want to spend too much on cleaning help, so first I get someone once every two weeks, so the things that I don't usually get to will not go too long waiting, but on the other hand, it usually can wait. For example, washing floors upstairs, cleaning in general house more thoroughly... It all depends on how many hours you are able to bring someone and what you most want them to do. It is good to every time give one different "extra" that way the things that are not done every time at least gets done once in a blue moon like windows, fridge, concentration on one specific area and less on other parts
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics