Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What has YOUR kid done?!?!? :-)
1  2  3  Next

challi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:51 pm
So, I shared one thing so far... ahem, the toilet incident. I was wondering what kinds of things your kids have done to your house. Either fixable or not.

I could write a book I think. Wink

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:59 pm
colored up off white furniture with every color crayon in the box! joint effort between my kid and her cousin.

pacifier

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:20 pm
Between pen on the wall and markers on their duvet, there's not one day without some artistic expression from my kids!!! As for toilet incidents, the last time my 2 yo put half the roll of toilet paper in the bowl, I undressed him, had him fish all the paper, then cleaned him. I guess he learnt his lesson, he hasn't tried it again for a few weeks....

SingALong

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:25 pm
boldly signed her named on the kitchen wall with red permanent marker, backwards. I got it off with ajax mixed with water into a paste.

splashed so much in the bath that it flooded the bathroom and caused a leak to the kitchen. paint is peeling

mom23

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:28 pm
I didn't read your "incident", but my plumber just offered me a gold member status in his company since I have to call him so often to undo my little one's obsession with flushing things down the toilet. I can't even tell you how much it has cost me this past year...

(And yes he has already figured out how to undo the safety locks on the toilets.)

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:29 pm
they like to pour about half a bottle of baby soap into each other's hair when it's not bathtime. of course, it becomes bathtime.

color the walls with crayons

smear the walls with yogurt

splatter the walls with jello (not easy to remove once it sets)

smear baby lotion on mirrors. this is fairly frequent, but I don't mind it much.

pee on a load of newly washed laundry on purpose, then insist for the next week that the proper place to pee is not the potty or the toilet, but the laundry.

poop on the carpet. repeatedly. then sit on the clean part of the carpet before being wiped.

remove sheets from the bed so he doesn't get them wet when he decides to wet the bed. very definitely premeditated. (I'm so glad that stage is over.)

spit toothpaste on the mirror.

let's not get into this week's chicken soup fiasco...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:14 pm
I actually have three photo books on what trouble ds did as a toddler. He did the unthinkable.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:18 pm
my daughter climbs into my medicine cabinet & yes, she knows how to open child locks. quicker than I can. I called poison control 2x this year.

she also tiered her dresser drawers like steps and climbed up them to sit in the top drawer (& adjust the volume on her tape recorder- the purpose of that exercise)

before we had to remove her dresser (for the abovementioned incident), she used to empty her drawers everyday & play fashion show.

one of my kids got into a tube of balmex with her friend. they liberally painted their hair, dresses, walls, dollies & other toys. Did I mention this was on Yom kippur? Right.

one dd likes to wash her hands with 'soap'- this includes actual soap, ketchup, maple syrup, use your imagination...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:29 pm
Here are some of ds-what he didn't do...
quieting down the newborn

the hardest cream to get off the body

permanant marker(it's hidden ,took it out for one sec and already this happened

challi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:43 pm
Rolling Laughter Salut

flowerpower... I love it!!!!!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:44 pm
flowerpower you are so right! They are twins!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:58 pm
10 month old dd ate... I can't say it. I am still traumatized.

Ronit

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:02 pm
Flower power those pictures are just too funny.

At least you remembered to photograph it.

Ds has done his share too:

He used to love playing in the oven. He'd remove the shelves & make himself comfortable. (18 months)
He loves loves water. We woke up one shabbos morning to a mabul in the kitchen. He was going for hours spraying with the sprayer from the sink...Now I tell him to 'wash' dishes when I can't get him away. At least he isn't disobeying me.

The joys of motherhood.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:09 pm
oh, and I didn't mention that time I was in the bathroom and heard a huge crash. and screams. the kids had removed all the dresser drawers, made a huge pile of clothing, and climbed into the dresser drawers. the whole dresser toppled over on them. and yes, it's a heavy wood dresser. fortunately they were both ok, but that was another late night pediatrician phone call...

yippee.

curlytop

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:10 pm
This thread is making me feel good.
Anyways, to add to it,
my son just decorated my leather seats in the car with pen...

Last edited by curlytop on Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

challi

well lets see.... ds has

painted the floor with peanut butter

made a mural on the living room wall

made a mural on the couch (BH its slipcovers, I washed it put it back on spanking clean and within 5 min with the same marker we had another mural. I was ready to scream)

emptied my fridge on the floor made to make a "salad"

painted with poop (sorry no other way to say it)

clogged the toilet with 2 rolls of toilet paper completely unrolled (last time I left extras)

painted our huge bay window (think 12 feet of window long) with diaper cream

painted the door with toothpaste and stuck things too it. (think decoupage) I didn't see it till later when it was all dry and a mighty minty cleanup

drank contact solution, bubbles, shampoo, and a bottle of lemon juice. (not all at once BH) and promptly threw up all over me after each one. (yes I have a wonderful relationship with poison control)

urinated on his sister

put food in my shabbos shoes (ugh)

lets see if I have pictures to post later...

sun

Flowerpower those pictures are adorable, on the last picture he looks like a little terrorist..

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:14 pm
My 2 year old shmeared the contents of her diaper into my playroom carpet... And all over herself and her clothes...... GROSS!!!!

pina colada

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:21 pm
flower power your ds is the winner!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 7:21 pm
You ladies are making me laugh out loud Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics