Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What has YOUR kid done?!?!? :-)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:33 pm
-make a dent in my wall with his plastic hammer from his toolbox set

-dump out two whole containers of baby clothes that I had finally gotten around to organizing

-joint effort: ds and dd found a package of sanitary napkins and peeled and stuck every last one of them onto my bathroom floor.

-pulled off a shade (completely ripped) off of my bedroom window. hello, world!

challi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:38 pm
octopus wrote:

-joint effort: ds and dd found a package of sanitary napkins and peeled and stuck every last one of them onto my bathroom floor.

LOL I almost for got about that one. My kids did that too... when we had guests. I was mortified. DD called me to see all the "stickers" they found. Stickers humph! embarrassed

RightOnTarget

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:45 pm
Latest one - as a joint effort, my 2 boys spilled a whole bottle of oil and cracked all the raw eggs....

and yes all my cabinets and fridge have child locks on them.... useless!

flowerpower - I love the pics. I never have the brains to grab a camera in such a tense situation....

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:47 pm
1. ds took a huge costco sixed tub of aquaphor and proceeded to rub it all over his body and in his hair. 5 shampoos later and I just had to let him go with greasy hair. It took several days to be normal again.

2. We were away for shabbos and we let ds go into the playroom while we slept a bit later. Well, he got to my make-up and he decorated his entire face.

3. swallowed bubbles.

4. Swallowed a quarter....an erev shabbos er visit and 10 days of dirty diapers later, I found it (B"H) - I've saved it for his kallah Smile

5. little ds, loves to climb into the dishwasher...one of these days, the door is going to break.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:48 pm
Flower Power, how did you get pictures of my kids? Every one of those matches one that I have- or could have has- of my daughter. Except in the one of her sitting on the baby, the baby was in the swing, and she wasn't giving her a paci, she was just jealous that she wasn't in the swing too.
I have a picture of 2 yr. old dd eating margarine out of the container while 10 month old dd is sitting in the open fridge right next to her.
I have found many toys in my fridge, and my son's sippy sup in the oven. I must find a good oven lock. I do have a fridge lock and stove knob covers. And we make sure to keep our toaster oven unplugged, ever since ds has learned how to climb on chairs and tables to turn them on.

Oh, I just though of the best one. I was once playing a game on my computer, holding baby dd on my lap, and she banged on the keyboard. I don't know how she did it, but my whole computer screen turned upside down! All of the words and icons were upside down, and when I moved the mouse up, the arrow moved down. When I moved it to the right, the arrow went left. It took a while to fix that one.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 10:57 pm
I have a ton more but won't bore you guys.

He once walked out at six am to get his toy hammer from the street. My neigbhor saw him and told him to go back into the house. Ds told me this in the morning and the neighbor confirmed it. I have no clue how he opened three locks.

Dh was babysitting him one morning when I had to go to work early. He decided to look for me so he got dressed, even a belt, socks, shoes, jacket, he even took a snack and went out. Dh was in bed still and heard him leave. He ran to the window and tried to convince him to get back into the house. He couldn't run after him because he wasn't dressed yet. Finally he somehow got him back in.

We decided to lock our bedroom door a while back. Ds tried to open it one night but couldn't so he got a scissors and managed to open it. The next night when he couldn't find the scissors(we hid it) he opened it with a knife.

Before bedtime one night I opened the armore to get a book for storytime. I found him sitting on the top shelf giggling away.

He is almost five kah and calmed down a lot so there is always hope for all.

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 11:00 pm
challi wrote:
So, I shared one thing so far... ahem, the toilet incident. I was wondering what kinds of things your kids have done to your house. Either fixable or not.

I could write a book I think. Wink

we had to get a new toilet

ripped off wall paper at a hotel.

toothpaste all over the wall and mirror

smashed eggs on the floor

thrown clothes out the window

wall coloring

#2 smeared on the wall ds smeared it all over his crib

broke my coffee pot,2 printers,dvd player

cocoa, sugar all over the floor of course this happened on shabbos

ds cut his shirt, I don't know where he found the scissors

Rolling Laughter

this thread is making me feel better! I'm not the only one!

L K

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 11:11 pm
Poured about half a bottle of baby oil on her brand new skirt and the horrible old carpet.

chocolatemilk

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 11:21 pm
2 yr old dd locked dh and I out of the apartment with ds 4 wks inside

and when ds was 2 wks old she fed him cheerios

(B"h those are the only things I can think of from my own children but I'm sure I could fill a whole page with stories from my little brother, iy"h they will not take after him!)

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 11:40 pm
It's a good thing that I live in an apartment building with really strong flushing power in the toilets!! When I discovered my kids flushing the newspaper down I decided that I was NOT renewing the subscription!! Every week, I never had a chance to read it before they destroyed it. And for the record the toilet was not stuffed up.

I recently discovered a baby jar in the toilet. My son just plopped it in. I wonder if that would have safely gone down?

L K

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 11:54 pm
2.5 y.o. dd "changing" a newborn, with vaseline and stuff

amother

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 12:20 am
!6 month old DS does not talk, when he is thirsty, he finds a plastic cup and helps himself to toilet water.

After his thirst is quenched, he spills the toilet water all over the house, tonight he filled up the potty with it (At least that is where it belongs lol)

After drinking, he is a firm believer in tooth brushing.....with the toilet brush.

We have no chairs in our kitchen because he sees chairs as things to ust to reach the garbage, so he can have a smorg (we keep our garbage high up to prevent that). We no longer keep his booster seat in the kitchen because he has learned to climb into it himself, and clear off my counters.

Even with no chairs, he perseveres, he will turn over boxes, and stand on them, he empties laundry baskets, and flips them over to stand on them. He uses the lego table as a step stool.

He gets into everything, one day his brother (now 3,5, but then 2.5) got fed up with him, so he took a laundry basket, and turned it upside down and placed it on top of his baby brother, forming a cage, then went on to play uninterrupted till I came to check out the screaming.

My 3 year old colored on a brand new out of the pkg 20 dollar shabbat shirt, Permanant marker....Purple no less.

3 year old colors on walls regularly.

Eight year old thinks he is an animal and hisses and growls at anyone who annoys him.

5 (almost 6 year old) colors on himself regularly.

Once I found my 3 year old up to his elbows in PB.

One of my kids took a bath in Balmex.

my second son gave my third an upsherin 3 weeks before his planned upsherin.

My third gave himself and his brother the haircut from hell.

Spilling shampoo all over the floor

Squeezing toothpaste into the sink.

Dumping my brand new phone in the toilet.

Flushing little plastic soldiers, to see what would happen.

Stuffing the bathroom sink drain with tissues.

Placing a bottle cap into the bathroom sink in order to stop the water from draining so they could bathe their toys.

Dumping a framed award into the bath because the frame was dirty and then being upset that the paper got wet.

And oh so many more....

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 12:25 am
Rolling Laughter lol about the toilet water!
Should I tell you what my mom says I did when I was 1 years old?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 9:46 am
Once ds hung himself on the sconsis and the whole thing came out with the wires.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 9:50 am
yeah back them up with pictures ...

sunshine!

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:10 am
-We had two matchbox cars flushed down the toilet
-Magnificent artwork on my walls (that are painted with FLAT paint and not washable). Hey he might be on the level of Picasso one day-they gotta start somewhere...
-Fed the baby soda....
-set my table for Shabbos with my expensive china (he only broke two plates)
-dd gave herself a haircut (cuz she wanted "bangs")
-dumped an entire dozen eggs (shells and all) into my running mixer, while I went to get the door
-spilled an entire bottle of body wash down the drain to see what happens (I had suds coming up from every pipe in my house)
-shredded his expensive linen with a scissor cuz he "couldn't find any paper to cut"

And the list goes on...

daisy

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:27 am
love this thread, it means I'm in good company.

my son stuck a sanitary napkin on the car window, shaved a bald spot on the front of his head, cut a hole in our leather sofa, cut many of his clothes, wrote his name in permanent marker on a chair, etc.

my question is - how do deal with it???

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:47 am
My dd decided that liquid foundation is lotion and smeared it all over her body and the bathroom carpet. . . at my parents house! Twisted Evil

challi

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:50 am
daisy wrote:

my question is - how do deal with it???

laugh thats all you can do. And repeat yourself over and over. I once told our ped all the things my kids do. He said my advice to mothers is not to get too worked up over things you don't think they will be doing by the time they are bar mitzvah/ bat mitzvah. That really put it in perspective for me... If you look at all the things on this thread that kids have done I doubt any respectable pre-teen would think of.

I can see it now: (two 13 yr olds talking)

"Hey shmueli wanna have some fun.."

"Sure moish, what you wanna do?"

"Well we could put popsicle sticks in the toilet to see if they will flush..

"Nah, that's kinda done already yah know"

"hmm we could shmear ourselves with balmex"

"Are you crazy moish.. Why don't we just stck your mother's sanitary napkins all over the house... Now that sounds fun."

Rolling Laughter

I think I'm cracking myself up. Maybe replay this in your head everytime your kids do something and just laugh. True its terribly annoying and inconveinient most of the time when they do these things but think of the stories you are getting piled up!

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 11:14 am
my daughter put a cellphone into the toaster oven and then turned it on! BH I was in the kitchen and quickly pulled out the plug.

she also decided her "baby" needed 'fream' and preceded to smear her doll and the carpet with baby lotion.

colored the freshly painted wall with keys! (basically engraving)

ill get back when I think of more
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics