Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My Baby is very gassy

pinchanygo

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 4:53 pm
My baby is very gassy and I don't know what to do. I don't think changing the formula will help since we hear her take these massive gulps of air when she is drinking. I bought the Dr. Brown's bottles and we use slow flow nipples and still she gulps tons of air and then is miserable (and so am I ) Any suggestions.

jewgal84

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 8:00 pm
Are you nursing her? Sometimes your child reacts to things that you are eating, perhaps check your diet.

Secbeb

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 8:31 pm
Burp her frequently. After you hear her gulping down air, sit her up and gently but firmly pat her back until she burps up the excess air, then continue feeding her. Do it as often as you need to. Maybe this will relieve the gassiness.

raizy

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:04 pm
try oval drops . they really worked for me. since my baby is on them he is really better. also try playtex bottles and with the liners. they really prevent gaz and air.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:53 pm
wow, even the dr browns bottles dont help???

try giving her chamomile or fennel tea if she's cranky an hour after the feed. it soothes the stomach and mind.

supermommy

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 12:13 am
I don't know that much about bottles but just a hunch. Maybe the problem is not with the bottle but with the shape of the nipple. Every baby's mouth is unique, did you try different sizes and/or shaped nipples? The problem could be not from air in the bottle but from a nipple that just doesn't fit well in her mouth. that's why they say that with breastfed babies you don't have to burp them as much since the mother's skin conforms to the baby's mouth thus preventing excess air gulping. although I nurse my babies and they're still gassy in the first few months Rolling Eyes go figure.

mother48

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 9:56 am
MYLICON DROPS!!

they help,and don't get absorbed in the body so are fine.my dr said I can give every feeding or more if needbe.

also, with formula I heard you need to burp every ounce, and make sure it's warm, not room temp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics