Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
TV show: "Shalom in the Home"
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 12:21 pm
Between him and G-d? When viewed by millions? You're kidding, right?

I also wondered whether the speech I read was said exactly that way at the bar mitzva.

chen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:00 pm
at least the show has a nice title even if the book doesn't.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:07 pm
chen wrote:
at least the show has a nice title even if the book doesn't.

that's true.

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:19 pm
good yomtov to you too

MatzosMama

Post Fri, Jun 02 2006, 10:16 pm
Quote:
a Heter ??!!!!

sorry, what is this term? and what is its definition? Thanks embarrassed

MatzosMama

Post Fri, Jun 02 2006, 10:25 pm
Secbeb wrote:
.... but in the non jewish world people sleep together the first time they meet. So it would be unusual for them not to greet with a handshake or a friendly hug.

I'm sorry but that is an assumption. Not all non-Jews jump right into bed on the first date or have such a base moral character that is insuniated with this statement. Sorry that this is a sore subject with me, as most of my family is non-Jewish. (I'm a BT) To say this is to say that "in the jewish world we are all rich and power hungry." or other such nonsense that is associated with being jewish.

Secbeb

Post Sat, Jun 03 2006, 10:11 pm
MatzosMama wrote:
Secbeb wrote:
.... but in the non jewish world people sleep together the first time they meet. So it would be unusual for them not to greet with a handshake or a friendly hug.

I'm sorry but that is an assumption. Not all non-Jews jump right into bed on the first date or have such a base moral character that is insuniated with this statement. Sorry that this is a sore subject with me, as most of my family is non-Jewish. (I'm a BT) To say this is to say that "in the jewish world we are all rich and power hungry." or other such nonsense that is associated with being jewish.

I'm sorry if you took it as if I meant everybody. I didn't mean it this way. In fact, MatzosMama, I have many non jewish members in my family too as my mother herself is a convert. But the idea is not foreign - could you admit that? There are non-Jews (I didn't say all non-jews) that have one-night stands, and it is increasingly becoming more and more common for non-jews to have an increased number of s-xual partners. There are many non-jews in the world that have a strong moral fiber as well. My point was that the general non-jewish population touches casually. They wouldn't blink an eye at a handshake or hug - they would even expect it. And if you watch any tv, you'll see that the non-jewish world has no problem and in fact seems to welcome and exploit the open s-xuality that exists in our times. Again I apologize if you took it personally - I do not assume every non-jew does it.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 1:37 am
Quote:
There are teenage girls who are prepared to be intimate with boys in the false belief that if they deliver their bodies the boys will offer up their hearts

Just what a Bar Mitzvah boy needs to hear Rolling Eyes
Plus why blame it like that on the girls..... the boys are angels Exploding anger Exploding anger

Anyways as long as a person in his stand does things publicly then we too have a right to defend our Torah hashkafas publicly !

MatzosMama

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 12:01 pm
I can agree to the point.

Younger Me

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:58 am
Quote:
does anyone realize that what he may/may not be doing is between him and g-d?

if u dont like him, dont watch him. enough lashon harah has been said. enough, right?

I agree with you Shayna82

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 11:12 am
I caught a few minutes of his show inbetween the Apprentice, so far, all he's done is shake hands, which many of us know is a common heter given out to people.

He also seems to give out good advice.

shayna82

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 12:44 pm
sounds pretty clean to me.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 1:19 pm
I saw bits of it.. He does hug the women sometimes.

While the woman was covered, he was in the same room as the woman naked under a sheet (awaiting for her husband to massage her). Not always appropriate..

I did enjoy the episode where he worked witha family an took them on an outdoor course...that was quite cute..

Motek

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 5:43 pm
Pardon my abysmal ignorance but why would a husband be massaging his naked wife in the presence of another man and on TV? Confused

Tefila

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 5:48 pm
Quote:
While the woman was covered, he was in the same room as the woman naked under a sheet (awaiting for her husband to massage her). Not always appropriate..

HHHUUUHHHH shock Are we blind that we r trying to justify Exclamation not always you say... how about NEEVER .....I mean his behavious is starting to get more bizarrre shock

On a side note I wonder how his wife doesn't mind unless from one of his books someone here quoted Jealousy is a good thing for a marriage to live with incredible insecurity. Rolling Eyes
And what about his kids with them knowing what there father endorses....
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Something here is mighty confffussing shock

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 12:58 am
After reading everything everyone said I think he is nuts!!! I am surprised the he is still married. Let alone his kids having a social life.

dleah

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 1:43 am
Quote:
its such a shame, I used to tutor his oldest daughter in UK and she was having such a difficult time in elementary school bco f his beleifs

sad for the school I think. poor middos in treating his family differently.

ruth

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 2:50 am
[quote="BlumaG"]its such a shame, I used to tutor his oldest daughter in UK and she was having such a difficult time in elementary school bco f his beleifs Sad[/quote]

I agree with the others -- this is a breach of shmiras halashon and confidentiality. Shame on you to post this.

Inspired

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:14 am
Tefila wrote:
Quote:

HHHUUUHHHH shock Are we blind that we r trying to justify Exclamation not always you say... how about NEEVER .....I mean his behavious is starting to get more bizarrre shock

On a side note I wonder how his wife doesn't mind unless from one of his books someone here quoted Jealousy is a good thing for a marriage to live with incredible insecurity. Rolling Eyes
And what about his kids with them knowing what there father endorses....
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Something here is mighty confffussing shock

Do you think it somehow makes your point better touse the shocked smilie and rolleyes?
Asking seriously, because I just don't get it. I mean, if you were talking person to person, how do you think you would come across with all those extreme facial expressions?

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:23 am
When you put in emoticons you are expressing yourself more. I don't see anything wrong with it though. I actually like it. When I am shocked to hear something in real life yes you will see my eyes bulging out.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics