Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Nicknames?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 2:12 pm
Do your kids have cute nicknames for each other?

chen

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:05 pm
DH and I hate nicknames, which is why our children have fairly short names that you can't do much with. And we firmly correct people who call our children "seven dwarfs" names--you know, take their name and add "ie"? No, his name is Dov, not Dovie, and she is Soroh, not Surie. Sometimes we even had to set teachers straight: his name is Dov, not Dovber.

timeout

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:01 pm
both my kids have nicknames my children are exactly there names it fits them so well Wink

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:31 pm
My dd used to call her brother Dovid Sissy. It really confused people, especially when his hair was still long.

amother

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:38 pm
my sons name is srOly and so many pple call him srUly, and it makes my so nervous and also untill his teachers got the right spelling.

Flowerchild

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:47 pm
my sons name is david, we sometimes call him dudu, or dudi. or little monkey Very Happy

Secbeb

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 6:03 pm
I don't know where my nephew got this from but he calls his sister, Sophie, Buah or baby Buah. He's almost six.

amother

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 10:27 pm
My daughter is Rikki tikki.

shoy18

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 10:31 pm
Lillyofthevalley wrote:
my sons name is david, we sometimes call him dudu, or dudi. or little monkey Very Happy

my dh calls my son monkey also, or munkatunk, dont have a clue where than came from

cl

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 10:55 am
ds is yosef yitzchok but we call him yossi, occassionally yossele, my BIL calls him poskele!?

amother

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 3:38 pm
My kids are Huds, Allie & Ikka Boy Very Happy Don't ask!

amother

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 4:25 pm
my menachem is called machi went from machem (mispronouced courtesty of the 2 yr old) to machi and now mach sometimes.

we also had a rosita and a sheeshee and manu stayed manu from imanuel, to manuel to manu.

shira

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 2:35 am
We give our kids double names and our intention is to call them by their proper names. Well........

Yitzchok Zev is now called "Pitzy-loo" (yitzchok--->yitzy----->pitzy)

and Aryeh Leib is called "Lubi" (Aryeh Leibi----->Aryeh Leibi Lubi-----> just plain "Lubi")

I know its awful but I just can't help it!
It doesn't matter much because in chaider they'll just be called by their last names anyway.

I was at a friend's house and she found that whenever we were visiting, her daughter insisted on going into the kitchen to eat cereal. We couldn't figure it out until it dawned on her- Her daughter's favorite cereal is called "Pitzy"!

raizy

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 10:55 pm
well my daughters nickname is VLADEMIR and we have a moo.peanut. and a few other nicknames that would give the names away.

my last child is peanut. when he was born he was so small. and the nurse asked us what is his name. we explained that we dont give the name out till the bris so she asked us if she can call it CHARELei we said no so she said she will call it peanuts. and it has stuck...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics