Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
7 month old eating schedule?

speciwoman

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:06 pm
I know that every baby is different, but I'm just curious what other babies' eating schedules look like at 7 months. My nursing schedule has been the same since 3 months, with the exception of one or two fewer night feedings. I started my ebf baby on solids last week. His schedule right now is (approximately):

7:30am: nurse
10:00 am: 4oz breast milk in bottle
1:00pm: 4 oz breast milk in bottle
4:00pm: 4oz breast milk in bottle
5:30pm: solid food (so far we've done rice cereal and applesauce), then nurse
7pm: nurse to sleep (sometimes not interested if he nursed a lot after solids)
11pm: nurse
4am: nurse

I pump three times a day at work for an average total of 12oz.

Feedback anyone?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:08 pm
If your child seems satisfied and is gaining nicely then why change it?

drumjj

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:09 pm
just out of curiousity why dou feed and then nurse straight after? I was always told to totally seperate meals and feeding milk/nursing so they dont get to the stage where they confuse the two and also sometimes refuse food and then get nursed.

speciwoman

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:12 pm
drumjj wrote:
just out of curiousity why dou feed and then nurse straight after? I was always told to totally seperate meals and feeding milk/nursing so they dont get to the stage where they confuse the two and also sometimes refuse food and then get nursed.

I feed him as much as he wants until he refuses it, and then I usually nurse him about 20 minutes after he's finished his meal. I do that because otherwise it would just be nursing him as I put him to bed, and lately (the past week or so), he's been getting upset when I turn out the light and won't nurse. I want him to eat at some point between me coming home from work and him going to bed, so I do it before bedtime.

drumjj

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:16 pm
fair enough I was just curious what other peoples ways are of doing things and what works for them.
is this ur first child?
also I was also told not to introduce a new food in the evening in case it bothers their stomach or they have a reaction to it. so therefore I always started with breakfast or lunch and not supper. I ended up just giving supper and lunch for ages until I started with breakfast.

speciwoman

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 4:26 pm
drumjj wrote:
is this ur first child?

No, it's my second, but I really don't remember what my other ds's schedule was like at 7 months. Also, he was mostly formula-fed.

I'm not necessarily looking to change...mostly curious about what others' schedules look like.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:19 pm
My son is seven months old and his schedule is as follows:
Cereal with 4 oz bottle around 7:730 am
then every three hours another 4 oz bottle ( 1030 130 430)
then around 7:730 a jar of baby food
and then around 9:30 a 4 oz bottle
I don't feed him at all during the night

Rodent

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:25 pm
I'm feeding my 7 month old similarly. He's bottle-fed though. I think you could be varying the food offered though by this point. None of my kids have been much into solids early. I don't feed overnight though, he sleeps about 7pm-6am and 3 day naps.

One thing I noticed with #1 was that he wouldn't eat many solids late in the day when he was getting tired and over it. Offered earlier in the day, say middle of the morning or lunch time and he'd eat much more.

I don't see any issue with breastfeeding after the solids. I do the same with a bottle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics