Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
The Rebbe

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 10:53 am
We heard about him and seen from diff postings of both advice he's given and miracles performed! So now lets find out who was he and what was his philosophy! And if someone wants to talk about their Rebbe gezunta heit, Freilichen heit would love to hear Very Happy

ACTION
People imagine that since G-d is not physical, therefore He must be in heaven. But the heavens -- and all things spiritual -- are just as much creations as the earth. Less dissonant, more harmonious, more lucid -- but finite realms nonetheless.

G-d is not found due to the capacity of a place, but by His desire to be there. And what He desires most is to be found in the work of our hands, fixing up His world.

In the heavens is G-d's light. In the work of our hands dwells G-d Himself, the source of all light.
This was the Rebbe's philosophy and that was why he sent shluchim worldwide and started the idea of the Mitzvah Tanks.

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 11:02 am
Do we truly matter? Would the world be any different if any one of us had not been born? But we were born. Think of it: G-d performed the amazing miracle of birth just so each one of us would be here right now.

This is why the Rebbe believed so passionately in the power of action.

The Rebbe would often point out: The very fact that you are here, in this place, at this time and with these opportunities available to you, means that there is something to be done. Something that only you can do, something of utmost importance to G-d.

Think of it. And then do it.

Your Personal Mission Statement

Here is one of those "little" things that the Rebbe would urge people to do:
Each morning, right upon awakening, take a moment -- the first moment of your new day -- to acknowledge G-d for returning your soul to you.

Say to G-d: "Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for placing a soul within me and making my existence significant. Thank you for putting me on earth with a distinct and unique mission: to bring your presence into my corner of the universe."

Try to make this your first conscious thought of the day, and the first words you speak.

Train yourself to do this every morning, and your entire life will gain a new, sharper focus.
chabad.org

Last edited by Tefila on Sun, Jan 30 2005, 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics