Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mountain buggy single vs. valco single

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 4:24 pm
which is better for walking but also in and out of the car

Friendly

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 5:28 am
As far as I know, valco is bulkier and heavier. Everyone I know with mountain is really happy with it.

yoyosma

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 2:57 pm
MB has been around longer, so it has a better track record. Valco is newer. Valco is also around $100 cheaper than MB. Valco comes with a lot of extras: raincover, pump etc. MB does not, you have to buy those seperately.

HOWEVER!! MB has been around longer, and does have the better name. It really depends on what you are looking for. Apparently MB has better costumer service. Go to the store and push both around. Take a friends baby with you and put the baby in. Good luck with your choice.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 9:39 am
MB is much nicer looking in my opinion, and pushes like a dream.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 1:18 pm
the valco, has the option of adding a toddler seat, so when you have 2 you don't need a double stroller.

shira

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 2:00 pm
yeah but the toddler seat throws off the whole center of gravity and makes it hard to push let alone going up and down staris. If you are interested in the single jogger w/ toddler seat option, I'd suggest the phil and teds- all of my friends are much happier w/ that than with the valco. I personally have the MB and I got it b/c when I spoke to the store, they told me that, yes, valco comes with lots more bells and whistles but tachlis, they see alot more valco's coming in for repairs than MB. I Love my MB- I have it in single and double. Would reccomend both.

yoyosma

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 7:45 pm
Baby Jogger city series is also a great jogger. You cant add a seat to the single, but its one of the best out there, has a ridiculously easy fold, and has one of the best customer service around. My friend broke the brake mechanism, and they sent her an entirely NEW STROLLER!!
Its an American company, which is also a plus. The MB and Valco are both not American so unless your baby store really works well with you, I would go for an American company only for that kind of ease. (customer service-wise)
They come in double and singles. Everyone I know who has them loves them. Another fun little tidbit, BJ was the first company to put out a baby jogger type stroller in the history of stroller world.
Yes, I know I should be a company representative. Very Happy

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 3:36 pm

koolmother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 4:20 pm
I hate the phil and ted look

which mother would put their kid in the basket?????????
and I also think that the kid is too close to the floor and cathes all the polution and germs from the floor.

yoyosma

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 4:38 pm
I have also heard of kids getting their fingers caught in moving wheels.
Phil & Teds is coming out with tire covers, but you buy them as an accessory.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics