Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shaving "down there"
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:18 pm
I have heard of brazillain waxing, but dont have the money or guts to do it and would def not try that at home.
Somethimes I use DH's trimmer to keep it trim. Has anyone tried shaving there. with a reg shaver such as you would use for your underarms and legs?
I heard that waxings there itch like crazy when the hairs go back. would shaving have the same effect? I would only shave about once a month (before mik generally)
If anyone has any info on this I would very much appreciate it. TIA

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:29 pm
Yes, it itches.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:30 pm
My experience with shaving was that when it grows back its very tch however I foound when when I waxed it grew back finer and no itching involved
Good luck Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:32 pm
I shaved down there 1x and it itched like crazy and it drove me nuts!
I swore I would never do it again!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:36 pm
Waxing, is expensive, painful, and quite frankly, I find spreading my legs like that pretty degrading (at least at the OB I get a sheet and he goes quickly....)

After waxing a few times and deciding that it wasn't worth all the effort since that real smooth feeling is gone after a day or two I decided to just shave. Since I like it for hygiene purposes and because it has other, ahem, benefits, I don't care that it never gets perfectly smooth (meaning, for me it's about the way it feels and not the way it looks. My husband is happy either way) so shaving works great. I use the Schick intuition sensitive skin razors and I don't get red dots or anything, and it wasn't itchy growing back past the first time (same with waxing, btw.)

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:45 pm
OP here.
would more people say that it only itched the first time or two? if so then it may be worth it. also does shaving make it grow back thicker like with other hair? (is taht possible Wink )

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:50 pm
the trimmer is the best bet - short, close - not itchy hairs growing back ... I hope you have your own instead of using the hubby's What for sanitary purposes

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:07 pm
I shaved and waxed (braziilain)...The brazzilain hurts alot, but it takes longer to grow back and is thinner and smoother then shaivng. If you dont shave in between your next brazzilain it hurts less b/c hair is thinner and less...shaving is more of a hassle in my opinion b.c u have to keep doing to keep it up, waxing you do less frequently...good luck with whatever u decide to do

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:08 pm
DH & I just researched this online the other day. I've cut/trimmed with a scissor in the past & it has been so itchy immediately. I'm thinking of trimming & then shaving. Lots of OTC anti itch or moisturizing creams were recommended. Also, people say it gets less itchy as you do it more often.

BigSister

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:11 pm
there are many threads in this already...

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:17 pm
I found that shaving once, or twice, is very itchy. BUT if you shave regularly, just run the shaver over the area every time or every other time you shower, you quickly get used to it and can maintain being fairly smooth without itchiness.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:32 pm
I've always shaved but want to try trimming. I also have trouble in the c-section scar area.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:33 pm
I've been shaving there for 4 years since I got married and find that it only itches if you let it grow back for a while in between shavings. I shave around once a week with no itching.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:37 pm
amother wrote:
I've always shaved but want to try trimming. I also have trouble in the c-section scar area.

have a few more c-sections and you won't feel anything there anymore....Problem solved.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 7:16 pm
OP, I know a place tht's only $18, PM me.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 7:17 pm
I did laser hair removal. That's the best. With all the money you spend on waxing, you may as well do laser.....It's permanent. It is hands down the best thing I ever did!!!! I love it. It's completely smooth, it never grows back.... I'm happy, he's happy... Even while I was in the process of getting it done, it took a while to grow back each time and every time it did, it came back much finer and much less hair. And now it's done! That and my underarms. My legs still need a few more times, although even at this point it is so fine already that it's barely noticeable.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 7:19 pm
But as you age and start to wrinkle and hang, you're gonna wish for some hair to cover that up.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 7:26 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
But as you age and start to wrinkle and hang, you're gonna wish for some hair to cover that up.

huh shock

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
I did laser hair removal. That's the best. With all the money you spend on waxing, you may as well do laser.....It's permanent. It is hands down the best thing I ever did!!!! I love it. It's completely smooth, it never grows back.... I'm happy, he's happy... Even while I was in the process of getting it done, it took a while to grow back each time and every time it did, it came back much finer and much less hair. And now it's done! That and my underarms. My legs still need a few more times, although even at this point it is so fine already that it's barely noticeable.

How long does laser take and how expensive is it?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:15 pm
amother wrote:
I've been shaving there for 4 years since I got married and find that it only itches if you let it grow back for a while in between shavings. I shave around once a week with no itching.

same opinion here
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics