Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Everybody's Side Bangs are always on the same side. Why?
1  2  Next

arp

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 4:51 pm
I am cutting a new sheitel and I noticed that all the Side Bangs on sheitels run from left to right. Is there any reason everybody has their side bangs in the same direction?

Why doesn't anybody have sidebangs in the other direction?

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 4:53 pm
Mine are in the other direction because my hair is parted that way. But I also notice that I'm one of very few who have it that way. I'm not sure why, though.

abismommy

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 5:21 pm
Me too. When I got a sheitel a few years ago with a sewn-in part, the sheitel macher noted "wrong side" part. I guess parts are usually on the left, and mine is on the right.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 5:34 pm
My bangs follow the part of my natural hair. That's where I had it when I was single and thus it remains Smile

Raizle

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 5:34 pm
maybe it has something to do with being right or left handed

4ever21

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 8:24 pm
My side bangs also do not go the "usual" way - they go from right to left.

I always parted my hair that way, so I got a shaitel the way I always liked it! I luv the look!

reed

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 8:26 pm
Raizle wrote:

People's parts are usually opposite their dominant side. Most people are right handed, with left parts. In a right-hand dominated world, that's the way they make the wigs too.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 8:27 pm
Raizle wrote:

This makes sense. I'm always putting the bangs behind my ear. It would be really weird to do this with my left hand.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 8:37 pm
Someone once told me it's like buttons on a shirt. If the buttons are on ...... side it's for mens if it's on....... it's for women. That could be the same for hair.

mltjm

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 9:56 pm
Mine goes left to right too, but that's because my nose tilts ever-so-slightly to the left and I want to counter-balance it, lol.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 9:58 pm
Mine go from left to right. If they went the other way I would feel mixed up.

Raizle

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 10:49 pm
But you all do realize that you don't see yourselves in the mirror the way everyone else sees you, right?
Everyone else sees you the other way around.

mltjm

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 1:06 am
Raizle, I was once in a science museum that took a picture of you, how everybody else sees you. Not sure how they managed to do that, but it was cool. And weird looking.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 1:28 am
Over the years, I have alternated between both. The left to right is just more comfortable for right handed people to deal with. And most of us are righties. And when are middle parts or no parts coming back? What happened to the zig zag parts? Very Happy

lilacdreams

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 2:00 am
supposedly it is a gender rule - women on the left, men on the right. Ilearnt this as a kid..the same way that men and women;sbuttons do up on different sides also.

arp

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 3:17 am
If you google Side Bangs in Google Images you will see a lot of celebritys having their side bangs from right to left, the left to right bangs are the standard in wigs.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 8:27 am
Not that many people have bangs on their sheitel, I find. It's not so natural, very sheitel-y nowadays. Even girls with uncovered hair but bangs are asked if they have a sheitel.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 8:32 am
bangs are in now. plus some of us need to have side hair even if we don't wear bangs because of low hairlines. also, I have a long face & the short hair very close to my face looks better than unmitigated long hair. I don't think my shaitel looks 'very shaitely'. as for the bangs, my part is on the side I parted my hair on. Most of my wigs came with middle parts. I don't have a multidirectional part, but my shaitel macher was able to brush it a different way anyway.

anuta

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:51 am
chaylizi wrote:
bangs are in now. plus some of us need to have side hair even if we don't wear bangs because of low hairlines.

Or some of us (myself) have gigantic foreheads and need bangs for that reason. Before marriage I had bangs in my natural hair.

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 12:12 pm
I always had bangs or side bangs because of my forehead and I have a pretty large widows peak. tho it has been getting smaller since I got married...
my hair naturally parts on the left side so I continued the look because thats what I like. when I tried it the other way it looked so wrong
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels