Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Home service by preg. woman

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:44 pm
I like to have the service of having my waxing/pedi/mani done at home. I work and find it hard to go.
I started using a new woman ... it's been some time since I used her last. ( 3 months) and when she came I see she's highly preg.
I feel uncomfortable having her work on my feet when she's preg. I know it's her job and it's her choice but I'm still uncomfortable...

what's your take on this?

anonymom

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 3:08 am
I once had an assistant in a pediatricians office who was about 9 months pg. I'm very happy for her and for the fact that she has the energy to work. But when she had to lean over me to look in my kid's ears, and somehow her whole stomach was pressing into my lap, it was a bit wierd.

What exactly bothers you?

louche

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 5:22 am
Pregnancy is not contagious and pregnant women don't have cooties. Unless she's using a toxic material or you've been walking through the cat litter box (in which case PLEASE wash your feet. Thoroughly.) what's the problem? It's not as if she's working on a road gang.

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 6:16 am
if she's happy why do you care?

BinahYeteirah

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 7:05 am
Are you uncomfortable because there is something that you don't like about the service now that was fine before? Or is it because you feel somehow guilty that she is crouching down by your feet "in her condition", when she should be resting or pampering herself (not you)?

If your feelings stem from guilt, please don't stop using her. I assume she does this because she needs the parnassa. It wouldn't be nice to deprive her of her parnassa because of your own guilty feelings.

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 9:00 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
Are you uncomfortable because there is something that you don't like about the service now that was fine before? Or is it because you feel somehow guilty that she is crouching down by your feet "in her condition", when she should be resting or pampering herself (not you)?

If your feelings stem from guilt, please don't stop using her. I assume she does this because she needs the parnassa. It wouldn't be nice to deprive her of her parnassa because of your own guilty feelings.

I'm preg. too... it's such feels uncomfortable to have a highly preg. woman work hard while you're relaxing... it's just a feeling. - I like her very much she has very soft hands and does a pedicure unlike others I've had... it just was a suprize for me that she's preggy and I felt a bit odd.

BinahYeteirah

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 10:36 am
I can understand why it might be a little weird. Be happy it isn't your cleaning lady who is pregnant. That would be worse. LOL At least you are pregnant, too. Smile You could ask her if she'd rather not do the pedicure, if it is hard for her to bend down or whatever. She'll probably say that she doesn't mind. Maybe that will help you get past feeling weird about it.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:34 pm
that's so funny- I had the same experience. what bothers me is that she's bending and leaning with a big belly, and it's obviously difficult even though she doesn't acknowledge it. I stopped using her, it was too uncomfortable for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics