Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Highchairs....

amother

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 5:43 pm
Can anyone recommend a good Highchair.

red sea

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 5:52 pm
Avoid white, that's what I learned. If you have a white legs/base its going to look disgustingly dirty unless you are going to wipe it down top to bottom with each use, and eventually white plastic will look dirty even when its clean. Other than that, if it looks sturdy, and some seats are roomier than others, which might matter to you or not, I think they're all basically good. Oh, and the ones with a snap on peice as a second tray are real handy to rinse off in the sink after each meal.

m&m

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 6:07 pm
I have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Highchair.
I like it bc it was not ridiculously expensive, it has 2 trays (2nd one snaps in), it has 7 different height levels (good for feeding or they can eat snacks off their tray while standing next to it at its lowest level), it reclines.
The tray also clicks in very close to your child so most of the food gets caught by the tray. This is not so good if your child is really big

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 6:18 pm
firstly,buy one which is only a highchair. LOL The first one we had was also a rocking chair and a table and chair, depending which way up you stand it. There are also highchairs which convert into walkers, jumpers and who knows what. What this all means to you is that you will have a lot more plastic, parts, screws, awkward bits etc to clean. Exploding anger
And highchairs need a lot of cleaning.

Get a simple, but sturdy model with tubes as legs. The more expensive ones are usually because of lots of extra upholstery you don't need. (to clean.) Plastic, rather than wood or cloth.

If it has a removeable tray that is a big help and order a spare tray, preferably in a different colour (check they have this service when you buy) Then you have a separate tray for meat and milk and you don't have to cover them, and you can wash them up with your plates.
Think about if you want one that folds up. We bought one that folds and I never fold it, except for storage between kids.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 9:29 pm
I also have the fp healthy care high chair. it's very easy to clean and I love that I could but additional trays to snap on to it.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 10:13 pm
For those of you who already bought the hichairs with only one tray you cabn order in the parts section of the manual a second tray thats what I did for my safety first hi chairs for my twins

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 10:40 pm
I have the evenflo simplicity. It can be folded halfways, has wheels that lock, and you can put exersaucer toys into the tray. it has 2 1/2 trays. It was only $100 here.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 2:08 am
Mindy wrote:
I have the evenflo simplicity. It can be folded halfways, has wheels that lock, and you can put exersaucer toys into the tray. it has 2 1/2 trays. It was only $100 here.

Same here! I love it! It has all the features of the Peg Perego one, but for 1/2 the price! I ordered 2 extra trays so now I have one for Fleishig, Milchig & also one for Pesach! MY DD used it until she was 2 1/2 and now I'm using it for my DS and it's still in great shape.

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 12:05 pm
Babytrend is a gr8 highcahir, I went a little cheaper and bought a graco which I like but I think I really prefer the baby trend $90

momaleh

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 1:55 pm
I have the Perego Prima Pappa which I love.

SK

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 12:52 am
I have a highchair from Ikea - like it so much better than any other highchair we have had. There is no padding, it's all one piece. Super easy to wipe down after each use, don't need to use with the tray - can pull right up to the table.
Highchair was $20 and each tray $5

shoy18

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 6:48 am
momaleh wrote:
I have the Perego Prima Pappa which I love.

same here
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics