Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who Chapped up all the Black Tights

ChanaRochel

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:28 am
I have been looking for black tights for weeks. I checked 3 Walmarts and several Targets near Lakewood. All the heimishe Hosiery stores in town, 3 places on Ave J and one on Ave M on Sun and no one has. Any ideas..

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:31 am
What type of tights are you looking for? There are plenty of them in the Boro Park hosiery stores Smile

louche

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:58 am
Everywhere I go I see black, black and more black. What I have not been able to find for several years is navy blue. Wassamatta, no one wears blue any more? In one store I found black, brown, bordeaux, mustard yellow, hunter green, and magenta, but no navy. Surely parochial school girls wear navy? I'm a little long in the tooth to wear magenta tights.

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:10 am
louche wrote:
Everywhere I go I see black, black and more black. What I have not been able to find for several years is navy blue. Wassamatta, no one wears blue any more? In one store I found black, brown, bordeaux, mustard yellow, hunter green, and magenta, but no navy. Surely parochial school girls wear navy? I'm a little long in the tooth to wear magenta tights.

You made me curious. Gap and Target at least claim to have them ... in the kids department.

Try Hue. They definitely have navy. And then go buy the bordeaux. I bet you'd look great in them. (I have one pair that I wear with black boots, so just a small swatch of the color is visible.)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:10 pm
ChanaRochel wrote:
I have been looking for black tights for weeks. I checked 3 Walmarts and several Targets near Lakewood. All the heimishe Hosiery stores in town, 3 places on Ave J and one on Ave M on Sun and no one has. Any ideas..

Ask them when they're reordering them, and have them put away your size. It's not really a Spring tiem, though ...

louche

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:13 pm
Barbara wrote:
louche wrote:

You made me curious. Gap and Target at least claim to have them ... in the kids department.

Try Hue. They definitely have navy. And then go buy the bordeaux. I bet you'd look great in them. (I have one pair that I wear with black boots, so just a small swatch of the color is visible.)

I did buy the bordeaux, I couldn't resist, because I have several skirts that color. It's not a perfect match and probably looks a little gauche for that reason, but what do I care? Magenta, though...even in childhood I don't think I'd have worn magenta tights. Dresses, yes, blouses for sure, but tights...not so much.

ysydmom

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:16 pm
Hanes.com or onehanesplace.com They are about $7 each use a promo code you can find one for free shipping or percentage off.

Hatzlocho.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics