Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Laser Hair Removal

dolphin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:51 am
I am having laser hair removal done on my face today. I hope it doesn't hurt too much. If anyone has had this done and can share their experience with me I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

dolphin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:01 pm
OK! I am going for my appointment and I hope it doesn't hurt too bad. Please wish me luck.

Rochelly

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:12 pm
Best of luck! I'm thinking of doing the same...

amother

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 12:19 pm
I was thinking of doing it too. But my friend had it done and she had to shave first and then after over 10 sessions it still didn't work so well and now her sideburn area is all stubbly from the shaving she had to do and in my opinion even worse than before. But I think she went to someone not so good. Please update, I am curious for success stories.

dolphin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 4:18 pm
Hi! So this was only my first time but for me it went very well B'H. It felt like non stop tweezing so you sort of feel chills and tingling but nothing painful. Just a bit uncomfortable. The person I went to had a great cooling system and I also put on a numbing cream an hour before which really helped. So I did this for facial hair and lets hope this will last for the 5-7 weeks that is is supposed to.

Molly09

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:17 pm
I have done laser hair removal to get rid of my sideburns. I went 6 times and b"h didn't grow back. I also put on the numbing cream which really helped. Best of luck to you!

4ofus

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:21 pm
dolphin wrote:
Hi! So this was only my first time but for me it went very well B'H. It felt like non stop tweezing so you sort of feel chills and tingling but nothing painful. Just a bit uncomfortable. The person I went to had a great cooling system and I also put on a numbing cream an hour before which really helped. So I did this for facial hair and lets hope this will last for the 5-7 weeks that is is supposed to.

Can you please tell me where you went? The place that I went to was horribly painful!

dolphin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:31 pm
sure. It's called Laser Image 1285-52nd street. I dont have the number on me but I will get it for you Iy"h.

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:42 pm
I am in the midst of doing my hairline and I have had 2 treatments so far. They were both horribly painful, even though all the ads proclaim that laser hair removal is pain-free. Pray tell me, why then does the technician give me a stress ball to hold in my hands before the start of the session?

momomany

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 12:21 am
Molly09 wrote:
I have done laser hair removal to get rid of my sideburns. I went 6 times and b"h didn't grow back. I also put on the numbing cream which really helped. Best of luck to you!

I also had my sideburns done - I don't think it took as long as six sessions. I go back maybe 3 times a year for a few minutes at most of electrolysis for the few stubborn hairs that come back, but the lions share is gone. For some reason my moustache is more stubborn & needs electrolysis more often - the same 20 hairs keep coming back! My hairline is perfect though. I love having a clean forhead & neck. I had mine done by Etty Silber on 13th Avenue & 43rd street. The EMLA helped & it was only the first time when there was so much hair & it hurt quite alot - the other times it was much more bearable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics