Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fat alert

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 7:05 am
We know that fat isn't something that's healthy for us, certainly not a lot of it.....but I heard on the news that trans fat is actually much much worse than other fats, its the kind that saddles itself on our body in an unhealthy way.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 7:44 am
There is such a thing as "healthy fat" and "unhealthy fat". Avocados for one - are very very fattening - but they are absolutely loaded with nutrients and vitamins- they are full of what you would call "healthy fat". Junk food, such as chips etc, mayonaise, margarine , oils - all have "unhealthy fat", which should be avoided. It's better to eat the skin on your chicken which is loaded with "healthy fat" then spread margarine on your challah.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 8:44 am
well, I wouldn't say chicken skin is a healthy fat. any saturated fat is not healthy in the least. but yes, it's *better* than margarine, which is usually loaded with partially hydrogenated transfats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise