Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Belly flattening exercise

happy2beme

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:31 am
someone told me to flatten the stomache u should pull in ur stomache muscles & then let them out (like kegels for stomache)
does this really work?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:36 am
My aerobics instructor recently told me that it's good to do that while sitting in a chair, or driving, b/c then you can work out those muscles more frequently. However, I don't think she meant that they should completely substitute crunches.

(Personally, I don't see much change, and I do ab contractions during the day while working, I see a difference when I do crunches consistently).

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:49 am
You can’t really spot reduce. You can reduce your overall fat which will mean stomach too.

Blossom

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 3:22 pm
From my experience you sure can work on certain spots and reduce them. Although I don't know if Kegel-like stomach excercise will bring results, sit-ups/crunches and stomach excercise can be very effective.

Sparkle

Post Thu, Jun 15 2006, 12:07 am
Of course you can spot reduce! Although you won't see much improvement if you do stomach exercises all day - but eat like a pig and do no cardio! The two benifits of weight training are 1) speed up metabolism and 2) to tone SPECIFIC parts of the body.

Crunches, reverse crunches, and oblique work will definitely tone stomach muscles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise