Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
123 Pesach Cookies
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 1:54 pm
123 Pesach Cookies
with thanks to ADAPT for this recipe

"1" cup sugar
"2" eggs
"3" cups ground nuts (one kind or a combination)

This recipe can be mixed in a bowl, by hand, and can be frozen. You mix your ingredients together; the mixture will be thick. Drop onto a greased or foiled cookie sheet or shallow pan by small spoonfuls.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden. Let harden before removing from pan.

Makes about 4 dozen in 2 cookie sheets. (I made this recipe twice last year; once for chol hamoed and once for the end of yomtov, and it was really really great !!!)

WeAreOne

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:00 am
can you make this with liquid sugar?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 4:07 pm
I don't see how.

spinkles

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 6:29 pm
What nuts taste best, in your experience?

exhausted

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:47 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for cake or cookies using liquid sugar and no potato starch? Yes, I know it sounds impossible, that's why I never bake over Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:52 pm
exhausted wrote:
Does anyone have a recipe for cake or cookies using liquid sugar and no potato starch? Yes, I know it sounds impossible, that's why I never bake over Pesach.

Are you allowed to bake with regular sugar before Pesach?

exhausted

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 10:03 pm
We dont hold by that.

bobeli

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 11:14 am
thanks CM, your recipes are always good and welcome.
this one is a project for my young kids as well (so easy they can't mess it up or make such a big mes in the kitchen LOL no flour to fly all over!!! Bounce )
thanks again

anonymom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 12:45 pm
Thank you for this recipe. This was the only baking that came out good and I made several batches of them. I modified as follows:

Used brown sugar instead of white. I think this make them chewier; we like them this way-even straight from the freezer they're soft enough to eat.
Added a little vanilla sugar
Added cinamon.
Oh-make sure to bake till they start to turn brown, then let them cool. I think they needed 20 min, maybe cuz of the brown sugar, and were still chewey.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 2:24 pm
anonymom wrote:
Thank you for this recipe. This was the only baking that came out good and I made several batches of them. I modified as follows:

Used brown sugar instead of white. I think this make them chewier; we like them this way-even straight from the freezer they're soft enough to eat.
Added a little vanilla sugar
Added cinamon

I didn't post those additions as we don't use them on pesach. for the record, maybe experiment with cocoa, choc. chips and coconut too, if you use and like those options.

spinkles

Post Sat, Apr 03 2010, 6:51 pm
I tried these for first days and they were really good; made a second batch for Shabbos and am now making more for last days....

Some comments:

--Ground almonds are much better than ground walnuts in this recipe; the walnuts are too bitter.

--I added 1 t. cinnamon.

--They come out best if you roll them into small balls and then flatten them with the bottom of a cup. I fit 12 cookies on each 9x13 pan. Bake until the edges are just barely tinged golden brown.

Thanks for the yummy recipe!

lovemywig

Post Sat, Apr 03 2010, 9:15 pm
Just made it with filberts n organic sugar n its all gone! Thanks it was yummy!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 8:30 am
I am working on a variation of these cookies, also for Pesach, a la the South Beach Diet, called Jazzy Jams. Stay tuned !!!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 7:20 pm
Another vote for "ground almonds taste best". (I made one batch with almonds, one with filberts.)

My oven was at 250 degrees all yontif, so I baked them for about 40 minutes, and they came out deliciously chewy with a nice marzipan-like flavor.

Thanks!

Grandmama

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 8:01 pm
My recipe, from the old Heimish Pesach cookbooks is basically very similar, its 1 cup of sugar to 3 egg whites and 3 cups of ground nuts. I also use almonds, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. They dissappear quite quickly. I think these shehakol cookies are dipped in chocolate and sold year round at Podrigals bakery.
Or at least they taste almost the same.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 5:31 pm
bump

shoemaker

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 8:48 pm
hazelnuts make a yummy cookie.

deveikus

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 6:01 am
Bumping up this recipe- it's great. I like it without vanilla, with cinnamon. I might try with added cocunut. Just watch them to make sure they don't burn.

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 7:50 am
This recipe was AMAZING and super easy. I agree that almonds are the way to go. Who doesn't like marzipan taste?

I plan to make these for my baby's Pesach birthday.

Cookie Monster

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 7:56 am
Thanks for this recipe and thanks for bumping it up!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics