Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to make green eyes stand out?

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:09 pm
I don't really like the idea of popping eyes shock but anyone with suggestions on good eye make up tips?

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:11 pm
Brown liner, according to Almay beauty products. They have makeup for different eye colors.

http://www.almay.com/pg/main/c.....2=225

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:13 pm
My first reaction was "wear a green shirt", but it looks like that's not what you meant.

bandcm

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:17 pm
It depends on your colouring.
I have green eyes, but I am a winter, so brown is dreadful for me.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:37 pm
purple makes green eyes look great! Experiment with different shades, from lavendar to plum and everything in between to what looks good with your skin and hair.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:37 pm
But most, if not all purples look good on me. I have almost black hair with olive eyes and pale white skin.

Bella:D

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 8:07 pm
I agree with MimiSinger, Purple!

RedRuby

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:27 pm
Yes, purple is beautiful for green eyes.

My favorite is a dusty plum, so you don't see "purple line on top of eyes", but it just emphasizes the green.

michal817

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:47 pm
Definitely purple eyeshadow or liner... or sometimes a brown/bronze, depending on your skin tone.

Bright red lipstick also does the trick [/scandalous suggestion]

Chloe

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:51 pm
Green eyes does stand out. It's so different!!!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:58 pm
bandcm wrote:
It depends on your colouring.
I have green eyes, but I am a winter, so brown is dreadful for me.

It totally has to do with coloring. I'm an autumn with blue eyes & brown is perfect. I can do lots of interesting color combos.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 4:52 am
not sure if I am a winter or autumn, but I will try purple. shadow only because liner makes me look like a witch.

random

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:23 pm
I just switched from purple to brown - I never really knew how to put on eye makeup anyway, so I found a few videos online and liked the subtler look of the brown (very light undercoat on the whole eye, baigeish color on the lid, and then light strokes of a darker brown coming up the top from the outside and blended)

lilacdreams

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:34 pm
what I am wearing makes a difference.

Also brown liquid eyeliner on top lid makes mine stand out. Never tried purple-iwould think I'd look like I have a black eye!!

geemum

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:51 pm
With green eyes, I use purples and pinks. I find it brings out the green the best.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:55 pm
Another purple user for green eyes!

shosh

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 6:13 pm
Scuse my unpardonable higgorance yet again, but how do you know if you are a summer, spring, autumn, or winter?????

Please enlighten me ...

lilacdreams

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 6:41 pm
shosh- would you get with the programme,yanno???
It based on 4 seasons-and I think cool and warm (something like that). It is normally determined by a specially trained "color person". She sits with you and holds up different pieces of material to your face and goes "ooooh yes!" or "oooh no!"(depending if they look good on you on not)

When she has been thru all 200 colors she gathers all the "yesses" and determines what season the majority of colors are in.

I was once done by the top person in London as a demo at a training session - at the end she probably wished she hadnt done me because she could not find my range. Quite a laugh actually, cos she looked at me told me what colors would be good according to my face/hair and coloring, to which I replied "no,no I need xyz colors".

Then finally she admitted I was right and I had been the first person in 20 years she couldnt place!!

shosh

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 7:19 pm
Now I'm all curious what they'd say about me ...

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:06 pm
Raisin wrote:
shadow only because liner makes me look like a witch.

Don't use liquid eye liner if you feel like eyeliner is too harsh for you. Instead, dip a short, stiff brush in a dark color eye shadow (charcoal, brown, a dark maroon...) and line your eye with that. It's a much softer look.

Purple is great for green eyes. As is bronze. A cranberry color can look really good too--depending on your coloring.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics